Author Topic: The case for Pre-Fader Effects Sends  (Read 4539 times)

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
The case for Pre-Fader Effects Sends
« on: May 08, 2013, 03:25:34 PM »
Well, after another public outing with the DL, I realized another limitation with the DL that has not been such a limitation with other rigs in the past. Please feel free to weigh in.

In the past, I would have used pre-fader aux sends to deliver drums, especially snare, to my reverb unit. This way, if the drummer is a "hard hitter", I can add reverb effected snare to the mix without turning up the dry sound of the snare any louder. 

The only way I can figure out how to replicate this is to use an AUX send and patch it into a channel.

Any thoughts?
Plug up one ear and make it mono!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: The case for Pre-Fader Effects Sends
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 04:05:33 PM »
I've already posted that I need this for horns for the same reason - They are often loud enough to carry the room but need 'verb on them so just 'verb in the mains and 'verb plus a little foldback in the monitors.

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 05:04:15 PM »
Sorry for re-posting then. I must have missed it and it just didn't hit me until I needed to have snare-verb without so much snare.
Plug up one ear and make it mono!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 05:36:47 PM »
No need to be sorry - the more we post about it here the more likely that Mackie (if they are watching) or Behringer (I'm sure they are ;)) will incorporate it in their firmware :) . One way or the other we'll end up with it ;D .