Author Topic: Jam Tracks  (Read 17714 times)

ZombieCat

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
  • I have zero friends
Jam Tracks
« on: April 13, 2010, 07:40:50 PM »
Not sure if this is really the right forum to post this in but here goes...

One thing I really need to integrate into my practice is using jam tracks. I have tried searching and have yet to find a site with a good selection of good tracks. Ideally I would prefer to jam with real people but everyone I know who plays is generally busy with their band so jam sessions rarely happen.

Anyone have suggestions on where to go to download some good jam tracks? I am mostly interested in blues tracks.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Jam Tracks
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 08:16:59 PM »
One of the many advantages to playing the "One True Instrument (tm)" (aka Bass) is that you can just cut off the low end of any song and go at it :).

A quick Google of "blues jam tracks" and "jam tracks" (with the quotes) seems to pull up a lot of stuff but you say you've already done that?

http://www.50blues.com/ sells a 2 CD 50 track set for $37 but you can also download 5 tracks for free it says.

ZombieCat

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
  • I have zero friends
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 08:39:24 PM »
Yeah I have tried many google searches and not much luck. Probably because I focus on the free ones. I will check out that site.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 09:18:01 PM »
I downloaded the free ones from http://www.50blues.com/freetracks5.htm and they are very well done. $37 for the whole package seems like a deal to me :).

ZombieCat

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
  • I have zero friends
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 11:20:45 PM »
I downloaded the free ones from http://www.50blues.com/freetracks5.htm and they are very well done. $37 for the whole package seems like a deal to me :).
Cool. I will definitely be checking out the free ones tonight. Thanks.  :thu:

ZombieCat

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
  • I have zero friends
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 02:42:17 AM »
Those free tracks are mighty nice, been jamming out to them for awhile now. I am definitely going to order the CDs come payday.

b_f_c_99

• Charter Member
  • Initiate
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 02:36:51 AM »
Have you tried just doing a search for Jam Tracks on youtube?  I've found some usable stuff this way.

ZombieCat

• Charter Member
  • Padawan
  • I have zero friends
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 12:54:37 PM »
Have you tried just doing a search for Jam Tracks on youtube?  I've found some usable stuff this way.

I have not looked on YouTube at all. I like getting MP3s so I can import them into Logic and then play along to them that way. I will definitely take a look at YouTube, thanks for the suggestion.