Author Topic: Mackie SR 48.8  (Read 4966 times)

kurumetulz

• Initiate
Mackie SR 48.8
« on: May 12, 2013, 04:59:00 PM »
hi guys bit of a noob question just wondering if anyone can help on this please, basically i have a mackie sr48.8 which im using the pre's on and then using the direct outs to go into a motu 24 i/o when im listening back on the headphone amp as im recording drums im getting way to much drum coming down and cant hear the click/backing track anyone know how to control the level of this ideally all i want to be able to hear is the click/backing track. ive got the main headphone amp sends coming out of aux 1 and aux 2 and its turned off on all the active mic inputs only got them turned up on the line in from the motu so it sends the click/backing track down the multi core to the headphone amp in the live room, hope someone can help!

thx guys!!

jon

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
Re: Mackie SR 48.8
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 03:49:48 PM »
I never knew they made an SR40.8, cool!

I would use an Aux on the mixer to get your headphone mix, feeding the output from the MOTU into a channel & only sending that to the aux - that way you can have the instrument being played mixed in with the backing track, and there will be no delay due to latency that would happen if you fed the monitor from the MOTU(though it probably has a hardware monitoring option)