Author Topic: Strange Problem With DL1608?  (Read 13543 times)

prosoundco guy

• Padawan
Re: Strange Problem With DL1608?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 01:39:01 AM »
that's scary
Can be. Luckily, my experience with my Presonus SL24's digital idiosyncrocies told me when they do things that can't be explained, close everything down, power off and restart. Sometimes the SL would not output any signal anywhere. System menu, change FireWire ID, fixed. But it's a little unnerving on the stage, in front of the wedge with 20 minutes to show time.....

prosoundco guy

• Padawan
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 01:43:49 AM »
I had a similar thing happen on my second gig with the DL. None of the monitors were getting signal, all had their masters up, and sends to them up, not muted. eXCEPT aux 1, which had nothing sending to it, but had the vocal mic for that wedge screaming with feedback...with no send from that input even when muted. I closed the iPad app, powered off router and mixer and restarted everything. That fixed it. Worked fine after that.

You know it is VERY FUNNY that you posted this, because you jogged my memory on something I had forgotten. While this was going on, I noticed something very odd: One of the monitor wedges that was getting signal was getting vocals NO MATTER WHAT! Meaning that I turned the main aux fader (this was aux 6) all the way down and nothing I could do even stopped the monitors from getting some vocals, including muting the respective vocal channels in that aux. This is odd, and I really am not sure what the hell to make of it. Worse, when I rebooted the mixer, it only partially fixed the problem. So I am basically clueless and not sure how in the hell to get Mackie to send me another one, which I assume at this point is what I need.
Did you try reloading a show or snapshot? That usually jogs its memory so to speak.

ChiroVette

• Padawan
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 02:05:41 AM »
Did you try reloading a show or snapshot? That usually jogs its memory so to speak.

I was honestly afraid to reload a snapshot! Because (and I forgot to mention this before) when I sync'd the mixer with the iPad, even though I was very clear and told the mixer to sync FROM the iPad show not the Mackie stored show, it reverted back to what was on the Mackie, specifically, I lost all the pictures that I used from my stored iPad pics. Things like the pics of the members for their vocal channels as well as pics of the IEMs for the various IEM channes, wedges for the wedge channels, and FOH speaker pics. I didn't lose any channel names or "icons" that Mackie gives you for various instruments and stuff, though. Very weird! Twice, I had to go into all the channel settings and reload the pics from my iPad.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 02:28:13 AM »
if you did not (update) replace the show's current snapshot after taking pics for various channels, that would explain losing them.

audiosoul

• Initiate
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2015, 04:11:51 PM »
I was searching the web for an incident with the DL1608 like this, and it brought me here. Sorry if I'm putting it up again, I just thought that maybe there's already a fix for this at this time.

I'm using the 1608 as a monitor mixer by using an ART S16 XLR splitter. One goes to the FOH and the other to my Mackie Mixer.
Using Aux 1 & 2 for the IEM (In Ear Monitor) and aux 3 to 6 for the stage wedges. After setting up everything, did sound check and calibrating the speakers, everything was working fine. But after about three hours when the band is about to go up the stage to play, for some odd reasons, aux 3 is not receiving any signal. I checked the post/pre fader button, made sure that nothing's muted, checked the four wedges which is linked together as mix 3, pushed up the faders slowly, but still nothing's coming out. The aux 3 master volume is NOT getting any signal even though every channel is receiving constant signals. I even tried to connect the mix 3 monitors to the main L/R output of the Mackie, but still there was no signal coming out. To fix the trouble quickly, I connected the mix 3 to the FOH mixer so the FOH engineer can have control over the mix 3, and it worked.

After the gig, when I got home, I checked the auxes one by one and they were all working fine.

Prior to this about 3 weeks ago, I also had the same problem with auxes 3 to 6. Tried to connect using the L/R output but it still didn't fix the issue.

Does anyone here have any idea why is this happening and what should I do to prevent it from happening again in the future?

Thank you. :)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2015, 06:39:39 PM »
Did you try turning it off and on again?

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2015, 07:39:30 PM »
Check if your aux sends are pre or post

I was searching the web for an incident with the DL1608 like this, and it brought me here. Sorry if I'm putting it up again, I just thought that maybe there's already a fix for this at this time.

I'm using the 1608 as a monitor mixer by using an ART S16 XLR splitter. One goes to the FOH and the other to my Mackie Mixer.
Using Aux 1 & 2 for the IEM (In Ear Monitor) and aux 3 to 6 for the stage wedges. After setting up everything, did sound check and calibrating the speakers, everything was working fine. But after about three hours when the band is about to go up the stage to play, for some odd reasons, aux 3 is not receiving any signal. I checked the post/pre fader button, made sure that nothing's muted, checked the four wedges which is linked together as mix 3, pushed up the faders slowly, but still nothing's coming out. The aux 3 master volume is NOT getting any signal even though every channel is receiving constant signals. I even tried to connect the mix 3 monitors to the main L/R output of the Mackie, but still there was no signal coming out. To fix the trouble quickly, I connected the mix 3 to the FOH mixer so the FOH engineer can have control over the mix 3, and it worked.

After the gig, when I got home, I checked the auxes one by one and they were all working fine.

Prior to this about 3 weeks ago, I also had the same problem with auxes 3 to 6. Tried to connect using the L/R output but it still didn't fix the issue.

Does anyone here have any idea why is this happening and what should I do to prevent it from happening again in the future?

Thank you. :)
If in doubt ask

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2015, 12:17:54 PM »
I had an odd situation like this in the past and it came down to the mute groups in the end. It was very frustrating until it dawned on me, that one of my wedges was in a mute group and I couldn't immediately see how to remove it. I am pretty sure that in one of the builds the Auxes were on the main mute group assign page  :o

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2015, 01:50:00 PM »
Auxes can be a member of both mute and vca groups
If in doubt ask