Author Topic: FAQ: Remote Soloing  (Read 5578 times)

Mixfix

• Youngling
FAQ: Remote Soloing
« on: July 10, 2013, 01:04:25 PM »
I hear a lot of mention about remote solo needs. I have been using a pair of $70 wireless headphones from Rshack with awesome results and excellent range. They are "Auvio" brand and work better then the $100 Sennheisers that I also bought to compare and returned.
 I get as much range as my wifi gets and sound is fine and works out perfect for my solo needs. They are very comfortable and batteries last a long time even though I leave them on throug the entire performance so they are ready to solo quickly the batts still last a long time.
 Try them and you will likely agree.

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
Re: FAQ: Remote Soloing
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 07:38:06 AM »
I've been considering this for a while and I was hoping to find a device that would effectively give me a belt pack to use with my Sennheiser in-ear headphones which I am rather fond of for this task. Thanks for reinvigorating my thoughts on this. It would be even better if it could combine in a radio mic so I could talk back to the band :-)

Nottoodeaf

• Padawan
Re: FAQ: Remote Soloing
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 03:44:08 PM »
My talkback solution has been a wireless headworn (need my hands free to carry the iPad).  Must have an input channel available and that can get tight depending on the band I am working with.  I am already using up one channel to return an outboard reverb due to the DL's limited and inferior fx.  Of course, due to the lack of programable input gain, I have to get levels sidestage before heading out front to finish the job.

When not moving around the room with the iPad, I place it on a music stand as opposed to a table with a big analog board and racks of outboard.  Bands I work with joke that I look like a conductor rather than a soundman.
Does that have to be there?  Not anymore!