Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Pin One Problem on DL1608

<< < (10/15) > >>

cthesound:
Newby, to posting anyway. 1st, RR Thank you for doing this forum. I was suckered into getting a DL per the decent marketing and have been limping along, better with the help of this forum and it's contributors. thx all!!

WK154, Thank you for being smarter than I and sharing your knowledge. Much appreciated, but I am having just a little trouble following in your footsteps.

I just purchased the replacement psu that you prescribed, but I am short of knowing exactly where I'm adding a jumper.
1st you said, "« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2013, 07:02:20 PM »
No need it's quite simple. I attached chassis ground lead to both screws (only one is necessary) in the power supply/network connector area. This is the one used to provide direct connection to AC safety ground

So, I thought I would add ring connector under the psu connector nut and jump to the little case screw that's close, but then you said, "« Reply #45 on: Yesterday at 07:39:34 PM »
You definitely don't want to use the 1/4 nut and the screws by the power/net plugs may miss the chassis shield that's why I used spade lugs to squeeze between the plastic case and the chassis for a good connection.

So, I'm off the trail and lost. Please advise. :-\

WK154:
That's why I stated to squeeze a spade lug between the plastic case and the chassis stradling the screw so it makes good contact and run it to the safety ground on a three prong plug. I cut the existing two prong and replaced it with a three prong adding the safety/chassis ground.

Topsøe:

--- Quote from: Topsøe on May 31, 2013, 02:09:52 PM ---@WK154
Can you make a sketch ?

--- End quote ---

nottooloud:

--- Quote ---the screws by the power/net plugs may miss the chassis shield
--- End quote ---

The screw contacted something, because the noise changed, right? Are you wedging your spade lug down from the top to make firm contact with the front panel? I'm not picturing it clearly.

Just got an Airport Extreme, and noticed that it's got a 12v supply with the same size barrel, and a 2 wire plug, and Apple's build quality. It's only 1A, so I wouldn't consider using it for any length of time, but it fired up the DL1608 just fine. In my high gain unbalanced ungrounded scenario, all I had was system hiss. No digital crap whatsoever. No antennae effect. So, I would contend that if we can find a high quality supply, we'll be there.

WK154:
What is your equipment? I'm currently 3000 miles from home base so I can't test anything till next week. I wouldn't use the Apple supply. Yes I bent the spade lug down for esthetics. Your other equipment could be adding noise and may need grounding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version