Author Topic: App to start/stop tracks one at a time.  (Read 4799 times)

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
App to start/stop tracks one at a time.
« on: June 10, 2013, 02:11:44 PM »
This is a response to someone here that I gave about Louder Logic and playing one track at a time. Thought I would share my reply.

There is a way to do what you need (stoping on track at a time). I found this out by accident. If you go to a song and touch and hold it 3 arrows appear. Up, down, and out. Up puts song next in cue, down last. But the out one asks if you want to start a new playlist with that song. You hit start and it will be the only song in the playlist. And it will start playing when you select start. It will stop after that song if you have the repeat off. Then you just do it again with the next song. It's super easy. And because it starts the song you don't even have to leave your song screen. If you want 2 or more songs in succession you just add more using the other 2 arrows. It's like an on the go playlist. I have been doing this a lot for break music because I just add what I need one at a time. I add the last song just before I go back on and when it ends I don't worry about having to stop the music. I now can stay in my onsong app without having to go back and forth. Same with the master fader app.

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
Re: App to start/stop tracks one at a time.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 05:46:42 AM »
Jerry Lee, thanks for sharing. LL support did mention putting each track into a separate playlist ahead of time but I like the way you explain doing it on the fly. They did take my suggestion of putting an option to stop the track at the end even if they are in the same playlist with other tracks. Still a great workaround you suggest. My issue is that I have to move from track to track with the least amount of interaction. Also, organizing by sets (playlists) makes it easier for me to navigate.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 06:10:04 AM »
"Play On Cue" or "Big Button" are pretty good. I prefer "Play On Cue" as it's easier to change/add/re-arrange songs on the fly. Haven't tried LL tbh, must take a look.
The older I get, the better I was!

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 09:28:42 AM »
"Play On Cue" or "Big Button" are pretty good. I prefer "Play On Cue" as it's easier to change/add/re-arrange songs on the fly. Haven't tried LL tbh, must take a look.

There are a lot of great programs out there, but nothing beats the DSP in LL to normalize track to track. This feature is very important when I'm trying to get the vocals to sit in the mix.  If the backing tracks are at a constant level, then it makes my job much easier. Whats nice about using LL is that I use channels 15/16 on my DL1608 being sourced from my Apple AirPort. I make sure that the vocal channel levels 1 & 2 pretty much match that of channels 15/16 and the vocals sit right in the mix. 
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 09:50:47 AM »
Ahhh, built in normalization.....handy indeed! Will have to take a close look :thu: ;)
The older I get, the better I was!

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 01:43:47 PM »
Jerry Lee, thanks for sharing. LL support did mention putting each track into a separate playlist ahead of time but I like the way you explain doing it on the fly. They did take my suggestion of putting an option to stop the track at the end even if they are in the same playlist with other tracks. Still a great workaround you suggest. My issue is that I have to move from track to track with the least amount of interaction. Also, organizing by sets (playlists) makes it easier for me to navigate.

Gio you can make full set lists just like normal. From them you just select the song as I described. It really doesn't take much more time either. There is only a couple of button selections. It takes only a little more time than pressing start and stop. I played around with it and I fly through the process.