Author Topic: iOS 7 Announced  (Read 8321 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
iOS 7 Announced
« on: June 10, 2013, 09:16:40 PM »

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
Re: iOS 7 Announced
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 03:09:17 PM »
Reminder: If you are going to depend on the DL1608 for a show, wait until the software is confirmed to work OK in iOS7 before upgrading.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 03:51:55 PM »
Oh, and iOS 7 will only be available for the iPad 2 and up, and the iPhone 5 and up.

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 04:49:42 PM »
Reminder: If you are going to depend on the DL1608 for a show, wait until the software is confirmed to work OK in iOS7 before upgrading.

Wouldn't it be great if Mackie had a forum to actually give out such information?
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 05:07:32 PM »
Yup  :eek:

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 09:58:44 PM »

Wouldn't it be great if Mackie had a forum to actually give out such information?

Ha!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 10:11:40 PM »
They seem to be enjoying having us do their work for them for free x( :facepalm: ;D

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 10:20:02 PM »
They seem to be enjoying having us do their work for them for free x( :facepalm: ;D

Indeed. Do you have a contact there you can get updates from to post, or are you stuck checking their "news" link too?
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 10:38:32 PM »
I do have a couple email addresses from an early issue I had but I'm not going to abuse those by begging for stuff they obviously aren't ready to have known. From what a couple folks posted here about stuff they heard from them the next update sounds pretty promising. But linked channels is not trivial to do - especially from My Fader as it has no pan controls on the L&R channel that can be just copied to the other inputs and outputs. For that matter I'm surprised they included the L&R in My Fader without it  :-\ .
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:41:14 PM by RoadRanger »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 10:50:56 PM »
I'm a little worried they will mess up linked inputs though. I hope they know what to do with the pan controls - it's not obvious unless you've used digitals mixers before that you're supposed to change them into a width control that goes from full wide to mono to reverse full wide. They didn't do that on the iPad channel like they should have so I'm thinkin' they just don't know. A balance control is useful too but only in addition to the width control.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 02:33:17 AM »
Since they won't have the V7 specific developers code for iPad and mini until mid summer don't expect everyone to immediately release a version taking advantage of the new code features if at all. Plan on fall 2013 if your lucky. Mackie no likely will only patch to make their V5/V6 code work and change only what is absolutely necessary to make it run.
When in doubt KISS

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 02:16:05 PM »
I think Mackie has finally got a clue. They haven't said anything about 1.5 I a long time. No release dates for them to miss and miss and miss. Ah, those were the good ol days.

Honestly by the time they come out with 1.5 I will have already jumped ship to the superior x32 rack. I think you guys will miss me here. One piece of advice to Mackie: do something with this mixer quick before the ix16 comes out and destroys you. You'll never compete with the hardware but maybe you can get some hype going again with a new set of software.

Trshot

• Punster
  • Padawan
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 02:26:01 PM »
Oh, and iOS 7 will only be available for the iPad 2 and up, and the iPhone 5 and up.

It's going to work with iPhone 4 and up....:)