Author Topic: What's been the biggest gig where you've had Master Fader or My Fader?  (Read 5344 times)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
 Here's me with My Fader during Thunder, Journey & Whitesnake  on Thursday night.... ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 11:13:32 AM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
LMAO!  ;D

Oddeotek

• Padawan
It's not Drugs and Rock'n'Roll but it does have lots of sex - I'm the courtroom audio engineer at the Jodi Arias trial in Phoenix. I work for what used to be CourtTV, later TruTV In Session and now HLN. This is the first trial that I have used the DL-1608 and, after 4+ months of using it in live television, I'm very pleased. My other console is a Yamaha LS9-16, which is an awesome board, but space and cable run restrictions on this trial forced me to try something different. I have 14 small condenser mics placed around the courtroom and direct inputs from the house PA system and the evidence feed. The demands of live tv are such that reliability is paramount and, since the viewership and ratings on this trial have been huge, there are millions of ears on my work each day.
I chose the DL on a leap of faith that it would do what I needed to get the job done and I have not been disappointed.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
oddeotek, nice to see you using sensible low-end roll-off.

Dan

Oddeotek

• Padawan
It really cleans up the dialog for broadcast. There is also a lot of low end rumble in the courtroom from air conditioning and fan motors for the evidence projection system. Their system has a nasty 60 cycle hum that I have to notch out. It's not from me, as all of my direct feeds are transformer isolated and when I did the site survey before the trial even started I could hear it.

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
good goin  :thu:

Dan