Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Wireless streaming to the DL1608

<< < (3/8) > >>

WK154:
If you play the game you'll save yourself a lot of aggravation. I believe that what they don't know won't hurt them.

BlendedMix:

--- Quote from: WK154 on May 03, 2013, 06:19:41 PM ---If you play the game you'll save yourself a lot of aggravation. I believe that what they don't know won't hurt them.

--- End quote ---

...yeah, and I could kick myself for not coming to the boards sooner than I did, because I probably could have averted the whole situation altogether.  What chaps me about it is that they wanted NOTHING to do with it in the outset, and the district had no desire to do the install or have the tech group involved despite the Principal's requests.  Then AFTER it was all purchased with PTO money to help the school, and installed, THEN they wanted to intercede. 

Because of the need to possibly undock the iPad at times, I'm going to at least try to get them to set up the Airport Express network without a broadcast SSID, and see if I can get that to work so that I get maximum functionality.  If that doesn't fly...then I'll go to plan B, and the AudioEngine.  The limitation there seems to be that I can stream music, but would still lack the ability to control the mix via MyFader from a second device with the iPad docked.  At least I'm getting closer now....   ;D

WK154:
"BTW...you completely lost me on that first part about the XDM.  Was that a complete hardware change out?  I read the post it linked to in the other thread, and it was like reading Greek to me."
The units (XAP800) I'm using were designed for such applications but new would run you about $4K. Used the cost is far less. They require more of a learning curve but are certainly conquerable.
If their not using equipment that's 5 Gig capable then there really should not be a problem. It will never be seen on 2.4 gig network.
School District sounds a lot like LAUSD?

BlendedMix:
I'm going to try the 5g idea and go from there.  Thanks again everyone. 

Jerrylee:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on May 03, 2013, 12:42:24 PM ---What part didn't work for you?

Also keep in mind that if you are forced to use the school's wireless network that anyone on it with an iOS device can download the Master Fader or My Fader app and control the DL1608 - it has zero security built-in and normally relies upon being on a secured private wireless network :( .

--- End quote ---

I'm a little, ok a lot, confused about this statement. "Zero security built in"? Then what the heck do you call a password? And if their are tech savvy people out there that know how to hack into the express do you really think they are going to waste their time to hack your router, download the Mackie app, and the mess with your board? Do you really think people are that interested in messing with some random band who happens to be using a Mackie dl, or any other iPad controlled board? Seriously?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version