Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Wireless streaming to the DL1608

<< < (8/8)

BlendedMix:
OK..so just hung up with Tech Support.  The work around is to have the Asst. Principal take the iPad home, and download whatever she wants to the iPad.  Using the school network...not going to happen.  It has a big old filter that won't even allow podcasts designed to help teachers with lessons to get through, and that is a big point of contention up there apparently.  Sounded like an open can of worms that I stumbled onto. 

At least I know where we stand in that regard, and we can work around it.  Now I just have to figure out how to stream music from an IOS device without dropping, and we're on our way!  Thanks for the things to try...   

Topsøe:
It sounds like your "tech support" missed the entry test to the police academmy , and now want to impose redicolus rules on everybody as a revenge.
Stil the iPad has to be synced with a computer to be able to use itunes in the first place , that computer must be in your "tech support" as they set it up , so now al you have to do is every time you need something (as often as possible) put it on their table and ask them to do it , after some time they will give you acces :-)

WK154:
That's the tip of the iceberg. You need parent pressure to whip the tech dept. into shape. Preferably someone in the network business who knows what their doing. They're using FUD tactics against a non tech savvy admin. The administration clearly has lost control. The tail is waging the dog. A list of must haves needs to be generated that tech dept. needs to comply with and a performance review is in order. If they are so concerned about school records then they need to setup a Intranet just for that with encrypted data.

BlendedMix:

--- Quote from: WK154 on May 18, 2013, 03:33:23 PM ---That's the tip of the iceberg. You need parent pressure to whip the tech dept. into shape. Preferably someone in the network business who knows what their doing. They're using FUD tactics against a non tech savvy admin. The administration clearly has lost control. The tail is waging the dog. A list of must haves needs to be generated that tech dept. needs to comply with and a performance review is in order. If they are so concerned about school records then they need to setup a Intranet just for that with encrypted data.

--- End quote ---

Oh my...  :o    Well, I don't know about all of that.  I'm the parent of my 3rd grade son, and right now my main goal is to get the staff trained to use the system efficiently so I can step aside and get away from it.  My plan was not to be tethered to that school forever more, and it's not going to happen.  They have my services until the end of the school year, and then they are on their own next year.  The PTO paid for the system, but that didn't come with a lifetime service of me showing up to run the board.

As far as I'm concerned, it's running fine now.  Even if it never gets another MasterFader update, it won't matter to them.  As I said in the outset, this system was built on aesthetics, user friendliness, and geared toward voice intelligibility.  I could go up there tomorrow with my Yamaha 1000W mixing board, two S115V mains, and my Yamaha 18" Sub and run people out of that cafeteria. 

WK154:
Leaving it for the next guy heh! On your 2.4 gig connection you may be either helped or hindered by the orientation of the antenna inside the AE. Since I have no idea about the physical layout let me tell you the general principle that would help. If there is a flat metal surface (cover etc. from your metal enclosure in a preferably  horizontal orientation) that you can place the AE on, then the metal surface would act as a ground plane, orient the AE antenna (internal) perpendicular to the ground plane. Rotate AE (all axis's) until you get max signal 75' away (I don't know the antenna orientation inside the AE so do a trial and error method). If this doesn't solve you dropout problem there are more drastic measures I won't go into now  and you still need to check your WIFI channel usage and select the clearest one. BTW tech support should be able to help you with the signal strength measurement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version