Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

iPod/iPhone battery life?

(1/2) > >>

RoadRanger:
I gave my iPod Touch with My Fader to the keyboardist yesterday - this is the first time I've run IEM's with it. The battery only seemed to last an hour or so :( . Is that normal when they are left "on"? It was outdoors so the brightness was up fairly high. I've had no problem with the iPads' battery life so assumed :facepalm: that the iPod Touch would be plenty for a two hour gig x( .

He had an iPhone but I didn't know how to deal with the security issues of demanding that he let me enter my network password and lock him out of all but his aux - plus convince him to disable auto connect. IMO having zero security on the DL1608 besides the network password sucks :( .

sam.spoons:
I have exactly the same concerns about letting my band mates have My Fader access to the DL.

Ampli:
Hi
Dont have an ipod/iphone but why not give them a charger too ??
Way saver if battery doesnt last that long
Marco

sam.spoons:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on June 20, 2013, 06:44:33 PM ---I gave my iPod Touch with My Fader to the keyboardist yesterday - this is the first time I've run IEM's with it. The battery only seemed to last an hour or so :( . Is that normal when they are left "on"? It was outdoors so the brightness was up fairly high. I've had no problem with the iPads' battery life so assumed :facepalm: that the iPod Touch would be plenty for a two hour gig x( .

He had an iPhone but I didn't know how to deal with the security issues of demanding that he let me enter my network password and lock him out of all but his aux - plus convince him to disable auto connect. IMO having zero security on the DL1608 besides the network password sucks :( .

--- End quote ---

BTW, I use the same workaround for the security problem by having an iPod Touch to hand out (though the plan is to give it to a mate for FOH when I'm playing). Battery life is poor at best  :(

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Ampli on June 21, 2013, 04:29:20 AM ---Dont have an ipod/iphone but why not give them a charger too ?? Way saver if battery doesnt last that long
--- End quote ---
In this particular case it was for the keyboard player who also plays guitar at opposite ends of the stage :o so needs to carry the iPod Touch back and forth. They also play two hour shows straight through so no break to put it on the charger x( . I ended up giving him my iPad Mini and undocking my iPad 2 for me to use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version