Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Preset Question

(1/2) > >>

JakePLeather:
Hi Guys.. New to the forum and the DL1608. I have a question about using the channel presets. What is the best way to use them? I have loaded Vintage Male male vocal for instance and my aux (monitor) output level is real low. I can go back take off the preset and get twice the volume.
Any tips?

TimC:
My recommendation is to forgo using the presets, start with flat EQ and use your own ears to make adjustments and once your satisfied save and use that as a basis to tweak as necessary for changing environment.  My experience is using presets as a starting basis was not a time saver but as they say your mileage may vary.

ijpengelly:
Some of the presets are quite useful to get started with, though in my experience that tends to be the drum settings more than anything.

Jake, with regards to your issue, is the main mix low as well?

sam.spoons:
I've found the preset eq's to be a reasonable starting point (obviously not always  :lol:) but I zero the dynamics and start again there, the gates and compression settings in the presets are overdone IMHO.

As far as I can see, the only way a preset can be affecting the aux volume is with the compressor setting so turn of the compressor and see if this solves the problem (as ijpengelly suggests this would affect the mains as well).

JakePLeather:
Yeah... lower in the Mains as well. I'm thinking it may be the compression. Where it was really noticeable was in band rehearsal when I was just using the aux sends for vocal monitors. I 'm trying get the monitors working great at rehearsal, but I don't want to take too much out and mess with main mix.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version