Author Topic: I Love My Fader!  (Read 7121 times)

Yorgaki1

• Padawan
I Love My Fader!
« on: May 24, 2013, 02:08:07 AM »
After playing 30 years and trying to run sound from stage, finally a solution! Just finished a playing a Greek festival in Marietta Ga. and it was awesome to have My Fader on hand. I have my ipod touch velcroed to the top of my bouzouki were it lays flat, is easily accessible and is not noticeable. I had dozens of people ask what I was doing, and they all were floored when I explained it to them. Most importantly, my stress level has never been this low. I couldn't see performing any other way now. I'm spoiled! A clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1QuTzJjSi74#t=53s

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: I Love My Fader!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 03:56:06 AM »
Awesome! :)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 10:38:47 PM »
It has really started to grow on me.... ;)
The older I get, the better I was!

Philly_sax

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 10:50:18 AM »
I have used my 1608 to record to the iPad a three song submission for the Fortune Battle of the Corporate Bands.  Scary, since no playback until you sync it to iTunes at home, but everything was mic'd and I followed instructions on setting levels. Used no effects, added a little reverb and tweaked the EQ in Garage Band.  It turned out awesome. Have also used it for live performance, without a hitch.  I have a WiFi connection, but did not try it yet.
MY question:
If you install the MyFader app in your iPhone, does it function as another control surface like a second iPad?
Do you find it is too small to make adjustments accurately?

Thanks!

Philly_sax

• Youngling
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 10:51:53 AM »
P.S. We performed at Maxwell's, Hoboken last Saturday with house sound.

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 10:51:14 PM »
P.S. We performed at Maxwell's, Hoboken last Saturday with house sound.

Did Andy Peters mix? He mentioned using a DL the other day. And farewell to Maxwell's. Great venue.
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!

Philly_sax

• Youngling
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 12:26:22 AM »
Did not get his name nor see his mixer. Short blond air as I recall. He had seven bands to contend with and EQ'd my mic for Bari sax and then of course I alternated between that and tenor every other song. He did an awesome job. And yes, we had no idea about the closing last Saturday, then the news hit. What a cool room.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 02:38:51 AM »
Just back from a gig using my wee Presonus 16.0.2 for the first time in ages. We played the same gig a few months ago and they needed a stereo feed for their house system plus I needed a mono out for our rig. I thought I'd give the Presonus a turn and to my surprise, I didn't enjoy it at all...... :o
No matter what I did I couldn't replicate the sound I've been used to with the Mackie.
At one point I was going to break and run for the Mackie but i just battered on in the end.
Before tonight I would have said the Presonus was slightly ahead due to the physical surface, but now I'm not so sure. I already sold my bigger Presonus and this one is currently on eBay looking for a new home. Any reservations I had about selling it have been lessened after tonight.
My Fader and the DL have really grown on me :)!
The older I get, the better I was!

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2013, 01:58:16 PM »
New to this forum and find it's great to read what others already know about this board. The tips and workarounds are priceless.  I thank you so much for having this running !

As a new user of the 1608 and MyFader I took it to it's maiden voyage gig this weekend.  I had minimal set up time but had it up and running fast.  Easy set up with 2 mains and 2 monitor sends.  With a nice little Carvin power amp that has 4 internal 300W amps it makes hook up a snap.   It was a huge improvement to walk the room, sit at the bar or go behing stage to set mains and monitors.  Band sounded great and club owner was pleased that I took none of his precious real estate  with boards and wires.    Only wish there was a quick screen view that I could get to all output levels at once so in the event of feedback I could pull all aux's down without having to jump to the different screens.   

Not unfamiliar with digital technology having traded in my SL 16.4.2 for this set up, I was pleased overall with the ease and flexability of the 1608.  Effects were...so-so but usable for what I need.  I have to try this with some IEM next week and will be curious as to how this will work.

Thanks again to everyone that post here making our live so much easier.

Your never to old to learn something stupid