Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Just Joined the Club!

(1/7) > >>

Fluddman:
Wow I surprised myself and came home with a new DL1608 yesterday

Despite being well aware of its shortcomings and the imminent arrival of the iX16, I still went ahead and bought it. :facepalm:

In my defense, I have gigs coming up where I will use every one of the 16 mic preamps and there is nothing (at the moment) comparable at this price point. 

The Master Fader App really impressed me and it was the main reason for my tempory lack of sanity.

Must go and vote on my preferences for the next update  ;)

Cheers

Harpman:
Welcome aboard Fluddman!  The iX16 may not make it on this years Xmas list. Behringer is already holding up the other X32 units. My buddy is a Behringer distributor and can't get the S16 snake to go with his X32. Their X32-Mix software IMHO has a steeper learning curve than Master Fader, but is also way more granular and detailed. Can't really put my finger on it. Their production line seems way behind in relation to their marketing hype. I also couldn't hold out for the iX16 either.

Fluddman:
Thanks Harpman.

I am guessing it will take even longer for the iX16 to make it to Australia!

My first gig with the DL1608 is on Saturday. My biggest worry as you alluded to in another post is feedback in the foldbacks. One of the singers can go from a whisper to a scream so I usally run a heavy does of compression on his mic. Don't reckon I'll get away with more than a tad of compression with DL - but we'll so how it goes!

Cheers

Harpman:
I looked back on my compression and gating settings for the venue we just played (reloaded the show) and compression and gating were OFF for the vocal channels. Must have inadvertently loaded another show or preset.  The threshold was set for -20dB, ratio at 4:1, soft knee with fast attack/release and about 7dB in makeup gain. Now its starting to make sense  :eek:

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Fluddman on July 18, 2013, 04:45:10 AM ---My biggest worry as you alluded to in another post is feedback in the foldbacks. One of the singers can go from a whisper to a scream so I usally run a heavy does of compression on his mic. Don't reckon I'll get away with more than a tad of compression with DL - but we'll so how it goes!
--- End quote ---
I just use it as a limiter - set it so normally there is no gain reduction but it does limit on "screams".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version