Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Feedback quandary

<< < (5/9) > >>

Greg C.:
My usual compression setup when resources are available is to use a combination of channel and bus compression. For vocals, I'll set a very low compression ratio on the channels using something between 1.25:1 - 2:1 & medium attack/release with the threshold set to kick in so there's slight compression during "normal" singing. Then the bus compressor for the vocal groups is set more as limiter with 6:1 ratio with high threshold and fast attack/release. I do a similar thing with guitars and horns as well but the channel compression is usually more around 3:1 and the bus compression too. Keeps things under control without killing dynamics. For kick/snare, I'll run those to a group bus and compress mildly, no more than a few dB of reduction unless the drumming bangs the crap out of the kit occasionally. Toms get their own group compression too in similar fashion to the kick snare group.

Harpman:

--- Quote from: Greg C. on July 20, 2013, 07:21:46 PM ---My usual compression setup when resources are available is to use a combination of channel and bus compression. For vocals, I'll set a very low compression ratio on the channels using something between 1.25:1 - 2:1 & medium attack/release with the threshold set to kick in so there's slight compression during "normal" singing. Then the bus compressor for the vocal groups is set more as limiter with 6:1 ratio with high threshold and fast attack/release. I do a similar thing with guitars and horns as well but the channel compression is usually more around 3:1 and the bus compression too. Keeps things under control without killing dynamics. For kick/snare, I'll run those to a group bus and compress mildly, no more than a few dB of reduction unless the drumming bangs the crap out of the kit occasionally. Toms get their own group compression too in similar fashion to the kick snare group.

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, no bus compression on the DL1608. Was that one of the feature requests?  Would be nice to have overall compression on the main mix.

Ampli:
There are compressors on the main and all the auxes, swipe the geq down and u find it

Harpman:

--- Quote from: Ampli on July 20, 2013, 07:48:48 PM ---There are compressors on the main and all the auxes, swipe the geq down and u find it

--- End quote ---

Wow, I've had this unit since November and never knew.  Thanks!!

Ampli:

--- Quote from: Harpman on July 20, 2013, 07:53:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: Ampli on July 20, 2013, 07:48:48 PM ---There are compressors on the main and all the auxes, swipe the geq down and u find it

--- End quote ---

Wow, I've had this unit since November and never knew.  Thanks!!

--- End quote ---

Yep sometimes reading a manuel helps lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version