Author Topic: External Delay Device Help  (Read 7984 times)

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
Re: External Delay Device Help
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 12:01:17 PM »
Just got in a used TC Electronics foot echo unit.  Set it up with balanced out input and a return via a spare channel in the board and it sounded fine.  Now I can turn it on and off with my foot and it has a tap tempo feature.

Chris

musicman7722

• Knight
    • Triple Play
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 12:59:10 PM »
I have used this on two gigs so far and it works and sounds great.  I run the send and receive through my center stage snake so I don't need tow clunky mike cables around my feet.  Great thing is I got the TC echo for $50 on the bay :)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »
Awesome! OTOH I'm really hoping Mackie will add support for a bluetooth pedal as a master FX mute and tap tempo. Also the delay should be reconfigurable as a chorus. That, an "always visible" master FX mute on the app itself and per-channel selection of pre and post send to the reverb would make me happy with the FX on the DL1608 :) .

Philly_sax

• Youngling
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 01:14:13 PM »
Our band has a 4 piece horn section and I wish to get a chorus effect on sustained notes. But I use the Aux sends for stage monitors, so I am going to compare thickening by way of the on board delay in the 1608 compared to a TC Helicon D1 doubling pedal inserted between the mic and the 1608 input.  I will report back, but if anyone has tips on gain structure or settings for the on board effects, please share.
Thanks.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 01:32:44 PM »
Doubling devices and chorus fx employ pitch shifting as well as delay (and, in the case of chorus, a moving variable pitch shift). The delay on the desk will do the delay part just fine but you'll be missing the pitch shift. It should fatten up the sound though, try 80-120ms, one repeat with no feedback, set the delay sends at unity and just bring up the delay return until you achieve the desired effect (BTW, thanks for the idea, I think I'll try the delay on my acoustic guitar, one less pedal, and a battery eater art that, to cart around) :lol:

Philly_sax

• Youngling
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 07:49:13 PM »
I have used the on onboard delay for "slapback", 105 ms, one repeat no feedback amd 35-40% wet. Very nice.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2013, 08:35:01 PM »
Good to hear, I'll try similar on my acoustic tomorrow  8)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2013, 09:04:00 PM »
i use a 20ms delay for doubling - works fine, no pitch shifting needed 8) . The vocal delay send faders are at "0" and the return fader at -7.5 . I sometimes goose that to -5 for a more pronounced effect.