Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

My first four 'big' gigs

<< < (2/2)

AbbaAgain:
At the moment I have done well over 200 gigs with the dl1608. Got to say it took me a good few gigs to get use to it but now  I wouldn't change it for the world. I have only ever had one problem with the temperature and that was while the ipad was docked. I now have an ipad 2 docked at all times with the brightness set to just over half and this seems to keep the temp down. I also have and ipad 3rd gen that I use to wonder around with that I never dock so at least if the shi$ hits the fan I still have an ipad in operation. The hottest I have played in is about 36c but my dl1608 is in a rack with a load of other stuff so I'm guessing the temp around the desk/ ipad hit well over this  ( that's when I first had a problem but since I reduced the screen brightness all's been well). Apart from the odd miss of the mute that brings up the EQ ,  the thing I miss most is a chorus effect...... But don't get me wrong the plusses far out weigh the minuses. I perform at lots of different venues ( with the same singers and musicians ) and as well as saving the shows that i know we will be returning to, I have a show saved that I call 'safe start' .its a show that has very mild compression on the vocal mics, and the frequences that in general I find problematic taken out. When we turn upto a gig and we don' t have very long to sound check and ring out the monitors I load this setting and do a bit of tweaking as the show goes on. 99% of the time this setting gets us up and running in no time at all, with an ok sound. All in all, I love this desk and if it was possable and legal I would have baby's with it...

iamdunker:
Sorry.  It got hot on me while being docked under the shade of an umbrella.  This is an iPad 2.  And yes the positives far out weigh the negatives.  I love my dl1608.

sam.spoons:
I've done a few gigs with the DL now (probably 20+) and have had heat issues only once, I (rather stupidly) left the iPads (iPad 2 docked, iPad 3 in case) in bright sunlight on a 30C day. I had to sit in the car with the aircon running full blast from the dash vents for 10 mins to cool them down  :facepalm:

Kept them in relative shade after that and all was well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version