Author Topic: X series time table  (Read 12818 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
X series time table
« on: July 22, 2013, 03:16:14 AM »
Looking back at the announced ship dates from China the X series including the latest compact have been a pretty consistent 8 week for arrival in the US. The latest Compact announced as shipping on 5/25/13 just arrived at major retailers that's 8 weeks The just announced core is shipping now and we hope to see it mid September. The rack if it makes it out as promised by the end of the month will arrive at the end of September beginning of October for those waiting. Greg C is waiting patiently for an answer from Uli about the timetable of the iX16. I hope he gets his answer soon. As a point of interest both the rack and core ship without the XUF interface, it's an option but they ship with the XUSB interface. There is some rumor that Starin (the sole US distributor for Behringer) may be dragging their heels ordering the units. I hope they patch the leaks in the rowboats soon or get their buyers to move faster. Anyone have a clue on DL series volume?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:42:42 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: X series time table
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 11:14:39 PM »
Another nail in the "M" coffin, the X32 rack is shipping from China 8/1/13 and on time again!! See it in your local stores in 8 weeks. At $1499 (map) less tablet PC or iPad if you must also without WiFi access point or XUF board, but with Xusb. This puts it very close to the DL none the less. Oh and yes the core slipped out the door while we weren't looking. So the only one left is the producer. No info on the iX16 however.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:45:07 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 05:14:44 PM »
Well as promised and on time the following was posted by Uli. So in 8 weeks or so you'll see the first of them in the US.

Dear all,
I am pleased to announce that we are currently shipping the X32 Producer from our factory.
This now concludes the shipment of all X32 models (Compact, Producer, Rack & Core).
Thank you for your patience.
Warm regards
Uli

That just leaves the iX16 that is of great interest to potential DL buyers. The rack model is the one that easily competes with the DL on overall $ so why wait? October is around the corner.
When in doubt KISS

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 07:52:02 PM »
OK so now can I have a 24 channel, rack mount DL 2412 with 4 assignable FX engines and groups all with HUI/midi control over "Master Fader 24" via the iPad camera kit (or the current equivalent) all for under £1000?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 09:23:03 PM »
You'd have to ask Mackie about their future. Good luck! The London fog make it all the way up to Manchester?
When in doubt KISS

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 07:27:22 AM »
No fog up here, its a long way from London :-)

As interesting as the Behringer units are, I'll be sticking with the Mackie for the time being. I like what it does, I generally like how it sounds (some slightly better reverbs would be nice), I like the interface and I like that it is reliable. If anything I would look at the Behringer kit for a second system should the need arise for more channels, etc.

Good luck to those who do sell up and move across, I'll be interested to see how they perform.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 04:43:41 PM »
Don't misconstrue the post it's about shipping schedules. I have in the past had my differences with Behringer engineering on some of their products mostly minor ones. They have their own set of problems but at least they have a forum with Behringer people responding to it. The one thing that Mackie fails miserably on is their UI (User Interface) for live performances. I don't know about you but I take pride in my work and when a POS kit gets in the way of that it's gone. Mackie has had 3 versions to fix this problem (since users complained) and has not done so. The UI in general is not geared well to live performances but mostly to time wasting cute moves.
When in doubt KISS

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 07:09:18 PM »
My post was in no way a slight at Behringer, I have used some of their kit in the past and found it to work very well. More than happy to see some interesting products out there and hope that those that seem to have issues with the DL find what they are looking for.

I do indeed take pride in my work and, so far, I have not found the interface to be that clumsy or poorly designed that it has interfered with me getting a good live mix and managing any feedback I do encounter. Other peoples' mileage may vary  ;D

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 08:22:35 PM »
Didn't detect any slight nor implied you did. I just want folks to know that every manufacturer has their problems but it's about how they go about addressing them that's of concern. We could start a thread that focused on the UI and how it could be changed but Mackie already has a ton of suggestions on their own website falling on deaf ears.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:25:59 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 01:18:37 AM »
Get your core X32 here if they have any left at American Music Supply.
  http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-BEH-X32CORE-LIST?src=A0807AFLHAMS0000&utm_source=amsaffiliatecj&utm_campaign=10587833
Another 8 weeks almost to the day delivery.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:27:28 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 01:31:04 AM »
X32 Rack should be available Sept. 25th or thereabouts. Still nothing on the iX16's fate. Q4 speculation or Christmas present.
When in doubt KISS

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 02:55:05 PM »
Am I missing something? This is just a rack mounted brain with digital I/O - you have to get a stage-box for the I/O.

It's $999 - same as the DL1608 - but out of the box it's essentially useless if you don't have the stage box.

It's $899 for the 16 channel "snake" (actually just the stage box - snake comes separately) on AMS: http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-BEH-S16

Why are you posting multiple times about the ship-date for a product that is NOT in direct competition to the DL1608?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 03:30:09 PM »
I think the title of the post gives a clue? Then again its just as useless as the Dl without a iPad. The core can be controlled from the front panel unlike the DL. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. From a price point of view they're close enough from a capabilities point of view they're miles apart.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 04:02:44 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 03:56:18 PM »
Wk I have to correct you on one thing. The core is not controllable from the front panel, the rack is. And as soon as I get my hands on one it's bye bye Mackie. And cyber hippy  all the behringer digital mixers are in direct competition to Mackie DL. It all depends on what you want. I personally want a good mixer that is remote controllable from an iPad. Be it $999 or $2799 all the behringer mixers, as well as the dl1608, can do this. And the behringer rack will do it a lot better. I also consider the size, weight, functionality, and portability of things as well.The rack is only about 7lbs heavier than the Mackie and takes a small footprint as well. For not much more money it is going to blow the DL out of the water.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2013, 04:35:39 PM »
JL I grant you that it only has limited control from the front panel and the pres have their own control on the S16 but it's certainly not "no control". I have used my XDM system for over 6 yrs. and limited adjustments is all it ever required. It is now 95% wireless (power cord is the problem) with 8 wireless mics and two stereo input devises. It cost me $1205 including the wireless mics and PC tablet in it's current configuration. The Dl with AP and iPad alone ran $1553, no mics.
When in doubt KISS