Author Topic: Looking for a Sound Tec for a Musical  (Read 5159 times)

AbbaAgain

• Pint #1
  • Padawan
    • Abba Again
Looking for a Sound Tec for a Musical
« on: August 06, 2013, 10:56:39 AM »
Hi all,
Not sure if I am allowed to offer work on here so if I'm breaking any rules sorry RR just delete the post.

I have been asked to sound tec for an amateur dramatic society doing a production of Sweeney Todd . I am unavailable to do the full run, so if anybody living in the Manchester area (UK) is interested please let me know at davemwilkinson@hotmail.com and I will give you more details. A budget is provided to hire the equipment needed if required but the venue has the desk and PA (all that is needed is the mics). This would be a great opportunity for someone looking to get into sound on the theatre side of things. If somebody wants to have a go but has never done the sound for a musical, I would be happy to give them a hand and show them how to do mic plots etc.
 Cheers Dave.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Looking for a Sound Tec for a Musical
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 02:30:45 PM »
Hi all, Not sure if I am allowed to offer work on here so if I'm breaking any rules sorry RR just delete the post.
No prob, not enough traffic here to need rules LOL.

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 03:25:10 PM »
I have been asked to sound tec for an amateur dramatic society doing a production of Sweeney Todd .
<snip>
 Cheers Dave.

Oh fun, that was the first play I did sound for! This fall the same school has hired me to work sound for Les Miserables… and I'm really happy that they finally got a digital board that can save scenes (queues)!

Unfortunately I'm in Northern California so there's no way I can help (don't know anyone in the UK to refer) but good luck with that, it's a great play!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 08:00:46 PM »
What's the gig AA? I have little experience of theatre work (a couple of amateur shows 30 years ago) but I have a reasonable amount of live work under my belt over the years and.... I'm cheap (and in Manchester)  8)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 08:02:40 PM by sam.spoons »

AbbaAgain

• Pint #1
  • Padawan
    • Abba Again
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 01:32:05 PM »
Sounds great Sam. Send me an email at davemwilkinson@hotmail.com with you number or if you prefer when you contact me i will send you mine. ( the dates are 8th to 12th April ) cheers