Unofficial Mackie User Forums > Analog Mixers

Mackie 1604VLZ-Pro - are balanced outputs really balanced?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Kev tyler:
Sorry

Thanks wk, I have nice mics, I have always been a bit against mic  channels without parametrics as I seem to find these on cheap thin sounding desks, and to be honest I have often ruled out the purchase of more up market desks equally without sweeps due to the often lack of built in fx, which ultimately forces you in to lugging a 2ft and over square case everywhere you go in order to contain the separate 19 inch reverb unit you have to buy.

So I am in a bit of dilemma right now, when I work with my band I use either the large onyx or a midas desk, and the stage is ours, supporting acts have to fit in around us, and that's great, the problem is when I am the solo support act and I roll up with gear that does not either fit in my allocated space or impose a health and safety risk. Hence the constant craving for the non existent products I keep hinting about.

As I said a while back, I think the dl with its secure home for a pad is my best option, despite the bells and whistles of the new x range, only the largest mixer in the  x range is going to offer a safe place to leave a 500 dollar euro pound ipad, and some amount of diy tinkering will be required to ensure the pad is still there when you come back from the toilet etc.

Thanks

Kev

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on December 28, 2014, 09:49:51 AM ---[...] often lack of built in fx, which ultimately forces you in to lugging a 2ft and over square case everywhere you go in order to contain the separate 19 inch reverb unit you have to buy
--- End quote ---
That's not true - I used a Alesis Picoverb with my 1604. It's tiny and sounds better than the DL's FX IMO.

WK154:
I'd recommend the Nanoverb 2 since it also has the much desired foot-switch and a ton more effects.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on December 28, 2014, 06:22:04 PM ---I'd recommend the Nanoverb 2 since it also has the much desired foot-switch and a ton more effects.

--- End quote ---
Yup - but the Picoverb sounds better (24 bit vs 16 bit) and most just want a simple chorus/reverb.

WK154:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on December 28, 2014, 06:56:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on December 28, 2014, 06:22:04 PM ---I'd recommend the Nanoverb 2 since it also has the much desired foot-switch and a ton more effects.

--- End quote ---
Yup - but the Picoverb sounds better (24 bit vs 16 bit) and most just want a simple chorus/reverb.

--- End quote ---
Actually it's a 18 bit system and of course the rest is individual opinion and there are lots.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version