Unofficial Mackie User Forums > Analog Mixers

Mackie 1604VLZ-Pro - are balanced outputs really balanced?

<< < (4/4)

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on December 28, 2014, 07:14:11 PM ---Actually it's a 18 bit system and of course the rest is individual opinion and there are lots.
--- End quote ---
Picoverb is actually 28 bits internally with 24 bit converters, Nanoverb 18. I've never compared the two but many say the Pico sounds better. I do know it sounds better than the FX in a MixWiz, I assume it is convolution based. Dunno if the DL has enough processing power left to run that?

Nanoverb 2 looks to be better than both :) .

EDIT> Or not :( : http://www.mattborghi.com/2014/08/06/alesis-nanoverb-2-review

WK154:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on December 28, 2014, 08:01:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on December 28, 2014, 07:14:11 PM ---Actually it's a 18 bit system and of course the rest is individual opinion and there are lots.
--- End quote ---
Picoverb is actually 28 bits internally with 24 bit converters, Nanoverb 18. I've never compared the two but many say the Pico sounds better. I do know it sounds better than the FX in a MixWiz, I assume it is convolution based. Dunno if the DL has enough processing power left to run that?

Nanoverb 2 looks to be better than both :) .

EDIT> Or not :( : http://www.mattborghi.com/2014/08/06/alesis-nanoverb-2-review

--- End quote ---
It's always good to put it into perspective and live sound applications are certainly different from studio apps. The Nano has a 52bit DSP for internal processing and 18 out is more than you need for live sound. Matt is just one of many opinions or sour grapes. From what I understand the DL has 70-75% power in reserve. Most of the recent changes fell on the Blackfin not the DSP.

Kev tyler:
Hi guys

I have a quadraverb here, the audience didn't complain about the reverb 20 years ago when I bought it, I doubt they will now, much of my work is outside and prone to odd reflections anyway, the boards are all separate and I might just try disconnecting the edit boards and hoping the main module will still function and  fit in a smaller case, and house it under my next mixer purchase if it's small enough to warrant that,

Thanks for the suggestions

Kev

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version