Author Topic: Master Fader V1.4.3 is Here!  (Read 19025 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Master Fader V1.4.3 is Here!
« on: August 26, 2013, 07:49:49 PM »
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mackie-master-fader/id511500747

Dunno why Mackie didn't just make Master Fader a universal app that works on both iPad and iPhone - that way they'd stay in sync and not "break" each other when one goes live before the other :).
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:59:53 AM by RoadRanger »

Jkowtko

• Padawan
Re: Master Fader V1.4.3 is Here!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 08:18:05 PM »
Hey, it looks like they may have fixed the 24-bit wav recording bug I sent them (several months ago).

As for the single sourcing of iPad/iPhone code, that would be too obvious ... there must be a rational technical reason why they chose to keep different code lines.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 08:28:58 PM »
Even with 4 months between updates that's still 3 a year :) .

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 04:31:12 AM »
Wow that makes me incontinent (look it up). This is the delay tactic for V1.5 which I predicted will be out in October/November with a smokescreen of iOS V7 to blame the feature shortfall on. What tremendous new features will they dump on us? Can't wait. Since V1.5 should have already been finalized why won't they let users know all the goodies we will get? Are they afraid of the disappointment V1.5 will bestow upon us? Fortunately I will be without a DL by then.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:32:54 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 04:50:52 AM »
It's pretty common to have to "hide" a new feature or two in a release that didn't make it through final testing. I'd guess that's why they won't release the list of new features in V1.5 until it actually goes live in the app store. The releases today seem to indicate that lightning connector support is imminent. Musician's Friend had the DL1608 listed as the "DL1608 Lightning" for a while but they seemed to have fixed that ;) . On Facebook Mackie posted:

Q: "Will the new lightning connector be able to be installed on old 1608's or is it going to be a whole new mixer?"
Mackie: "Both. We are planning further communications near the end of september. There will be a cost to change over, but I don't have pricing yet."

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 04:55:27 AM »
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mackie-master-fader/id511500747

Dunno why Mackie didn't just make Master Fader a universal app that works on both iPad and iPhone - that way they'd stay in sync and not "break" each other when one goes live before the other :).

About 10 Megs of code for starters and probably some lib functions that don't play the same way.
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 05:04:34 AM »
It's pretty common to have to "hide" a new feature or two in a release that didn't make it through final testing. I'd guess that's why they won't release the list of new features in V1.5 until it actually goes live in the app store. The releases today seem to indicate that lightning connector support is imminent. Musician's Friend had the DL1608 listed as the "DL1608 Lightning" for a while but they seemed to have fixed that ;) . On Facebook Mackie posted:

Q: "Will the new lightning connector be able to be installed on old 1608's or is it going to be a whole new mixer?"
Mackie: "Both. We are planning further communications near the end of september. There will be a cost to change over, but I don't have pricing yet."

Hacks will leave broken code in a release most reputable companies will get it fixed. The Lightning connector just needs a new paddle board and no analog lines. Making a "new mixer" should be interesting. Installing a paddle board takes all of 10 minutes. Code changes will no doubt be required.
When in doubt KISS

diggo

• Padawan
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 07:13:10 AM »
snore   :(

this is depressing.

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 09:04:31 PM »
Check out the Mackie enhancement page ... http://mackie.uservoice.com/forums/97035-dl1608?filter=top&page=1 ...

Beno just marked "Channel Linking/Grouping" with status "Started".   Another top 10 feature - stereo channels - is also marked as started.

Those are the only two I could find on the list, but it's at least an indication of what they are working on now ... better than nothing!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 10:12:50 PM »
Those two are just one feature depending on the implementation. One note on the Lightning connector. It's a Apple screwed up design that allows shorting out the power by the exposed connector. Goes against any connector design I'm aware of. A six pack and an impatient operator will make short work of it.
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 10:25:12 PM »
From Mackie's Facebook page:

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 04:26:01 AM »
Nice concept car but were are the wheels and the engine? Didn't Sam draw this up about a year ago?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:28:37 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2013, 07:10:59 PM »
Any problems with the update?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 07:45:06 PM »
It's working fine for me :) .

Keggles

• Youngling
V1.43 nightmare
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2013, 10:23:11 PM »
Last night was my first gig using the v1.43 software
I have had my dl1608 for ages and all previous updates had been fine.
After locking the ipad into the cradle it did the firmware update, then it went downhill from there.
The physical mixer seemed to be working fine, the led's would light up as I turned the gain knob but there was no sound! The master fader app appeared to be running fine but there was no input channel metering and no audio out not even from ipad/iPod channel. It appeared as though the mixer and the ipad/MF app were just not talking to each other. Someone once said in a post on the old forums that if your ipad dies the mixer will still work as it remembers the last state it was in, maybe so, but what does any self respecting sound engineer do at the end of the show? You turn the master faders down, don't you?
I removed the ipad and rebooted it, still no luck the MF app just appeared to be dead. I loaded other stored shows but no luck , changed the sample rates around, no luck.
Then finally I decided to turn off and then back on the mixer itself. Finally it decided to work YEAH !!!
It might be nice to warn us of this in the future please, as it almost got my gig cancelled last night.
I was 100 klm's from home and I don't usually carry a spare mixer with me, the car is totally full with all my gear, the bass amp has to sit on the front seat! Might have to buy a new car so I can carry a spare mixer with me in future :-(
Keggles