Author Topic: Master Fader V1.4.3 is Here!  (Read 18782 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: V1.43 nightmare
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 02:38:47 AM »
So lesson number one Never load a new version of anything without testing the results especially before a paying job.
When in doubt KISS

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2013, 07:12:43 AM »
I had simelar problems with 1.43
For me not at a gig luckely
But during a rehearsel
After a while the ipad stops the input metering, the  ipad needed to be set on the correct wifi network again
Luckely i didnt need to power the mixer on off,
First ithought it was the lan cable

Today the fist gig with 1.43 will see how it goes
Hope for no prolems!
Before 1.43 no problems
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:15:26 AM by Ampli »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Master Fader V1.4.3 is Here!
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 12:50:53 AM »
Would be helpful to know iPad version and iOS version.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:54:07 AM by RoadRanger »
When in doubt KISS

Fluddman

• Knight
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 01:03:28 AM »
So lesson number one Never load a new version of anything without testing the results especially before a paying job.

Good advice. Lesson number two - always carry a spare mixer. It will almost ensure that your main mixer will never fail. But leave that spare at home and you're asking for trouble.

Well I don't always follow my own advice as I don't carry a spare if I am close enought to home. Fortunately the only time my mixer failed I had a backup with me.

I hope that's the only time you have a problem with 1.43!

Cheers

Artaudio

• Padawan
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 01:28:10 AM »
Hello Fellow DL'ers,

Been snooping around here for a while and reading posts. That got me to purchasing a DL1608. So far love the capabilities.

However I just recently upgraded to 1.43 and have experienced the same issues. Luckily I run a 1st Gen iPad docked in my DL and have an iPad mini setup wirelessly using an new version Airport Express.

Thankfully I was still able to access my DL using the mini and was able to tweak with no issues and make it through my gig without loosing too much sleep.

I also noticed that I was getting booted out of the Master Fader app on the docked 1st Gen iPad when I was trying to start a song in iTunes. I would escape Master fader, open iTunes, start a song, return to Master Fader and within a few seconds Master Fader would minimize (not close out). Of course the song didn't start and I was unable run any tunes. However I could start the iTunes and then access the iPad channel in Master Fader using my wireless iPad mini. Anyone experiencing that issue?

Unfortunately I have not tried to use my 1st Gen iPad wirelessly to see if the issue reared its ugly head.

Mackie Support mentioned that I should Delete the Master Fader App for the 1st Gen and then reinstall it. The only problem there is I will lose my pre-sets. Not sure I am ready for that.

Thanks for the forum guys and gals.
ART

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 01:39:24 AM »
I guess we'll be seeing V1.44 shortly if they care. Please post specifics for problems including iPad version and iOS version.
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2013, 02:50:10 AM »
I know when I turn on my DL1608 that the docked iPad often doesn't "see" it. I have to undock and redock it and then go into the connections and choose wired. Thereafter all is well. There's a rumor that turning on the iPad first and them the DL1608 might make things happier. As for wireless issues make sure yous guys read through the FAQs here!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2013, 03:58:53 AM »
I thought that it was well understood that the sequence of turn on was iPad first then DL otherwise the DL code could take forever or simply hang trying to establish sync. Yes Mackie screwed up a rather well tested Linux project set of code or maybe AD did. In any case turn on your iPad and MF app before turning on the DL. I think that came out of trying to find a reliable cable extension for the DL.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:34:04 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

LeeSteel

• Super Lee
  • Padawan
    • Lee Steel
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 12:18:53 PM »
I have experienced a few instances where the iPad lost it's connection with the mixer after it was docked and connected. Anyone else see anything like this?
Plug up one ear and make it mono!

Artaudio

• Padawan
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 05:48:30 PM »
Well. I got really gun shy with the new 1.43 update. Luckily I still had my older 1.4 still saved on the laptop and everything is back to stability heaven. Lost my presets. But I guess that's  a price you got to pay.  At least for now.

I am amazed that there isn't a better system through iTunes that will let you downgrade your versions at your leisure. It gives you at least an option if something just doesn't work right out of the box.. Especially when most of us rely on this gear to work night after night. And it takes iTunes about two weeks to approve a version. A lot can happen in two weeks in the computing business..

For now I would recommend to everyone to keep a copy of your working version (.ipa) on your cloud or desktop so you can always get back to the way it was..

I guess I'll wait until V2 comes out and nail bite a bit until I start seeing the flame wars die down or V2.1 becomes available before I'll upgrade again..

Good luck and keep making music.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2013, 07:50:24 PM »
I thought that it was well understood that the sequence of turn on was iPad first then DL otherwise the DL code could take forever or simply hang trying to establish sync. Yes Mackie screwed up a rather well tested Linux project set of code or maybe AD did. In any case turn on your iPad and MF app before turning on the DL. I think that came out of trying to find a reliable cable extension for the DL.
The whole sequence of turning on the mix control system for those that are new to this is:

1.  Turn on your access point (Air... or whatever) and wait till it's ready to play DHCP server nicely (unless your using fixed IP addresses). Wait anyway until the lights tell you to go.
2.  Turn on your iPad and start MF.
3.  Lastly turn on the DL1608 and wait patently until it sync's (message block pop's up).

If any of these fail you have a problem that needs attention.
Shutdown has no sequence.
When in doubt KISS

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013, 06:48:30 AM »
I had updated my iPad with version 1.4.3, but only got around to actually docking it with the DL last night. In testing I had no issues, I tried docked, wireless, cycling the power and closing and re-opening the MF application and it all seemed to behave as normal. I'm running the lastest official version of iOS on an iPad 2.

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2013, 02:28:55 PM »
The whole sequence of turning on the mix control system for those that are new to this is:

1.  Turn on your access point (Air... or whatever) and wait till it's ready to play DHCP server nicely (unless your using fixed IP addresses). Wait anyway until the lights tell you to go.
2.  Turn on your iPad and start MF.
3.  Lastly turn on the DL1608 and wait patently until it sync's (message block pop's up).

This is only the requirement for upgrading software, no?  And also assuming the iPad is docked, which means a network connection for the DL isn't even needed.

As for regular boot ups, I don't think I have ever had an issue starting the DL before MF ... The router always comes before the DL though or else it won't connect properly to the network.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:44:54 PM by Jkowtko »

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2013, 02:56:06 PM »
So is the consensus that 1.4.3 is a bad release and we should not upgrade? 

Or is it just more temperamental on the booting sequence than prior releases?

Or are these the same problems people have with every release due to clunky usability of the product?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:58:41 PM by Jkowtko »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2013, 03:09:05 PM »
So is the consensus that 1.4.3 is a bad release and we should not upgrade?
Consensus? Oy vey, have you got the wrong forum :facepalm:.