Author Topic: Unbelievable was I saw posted on FB Mackie Page - MF 2.0.... What about 1.5?  (Read 16386 times)

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
I just say some posts on the Facebook Mackie page talking about channel grouping in MF 2.0.  What about 1.5?  Here was my post:

"So are you skipping 1.5 and going straight to 2.0? I can tell you there are a lot of angry DL1608 owners that are expecting this in 1.5 as well as a plethora of other enhancements. Besides grouping, hiding unused channels is high on the priority list as well. I've been a big supporter of the DL1608, but if another version releases without major improvements, not only will my unit find it's way to Ebay, but many other owners as well. Especially if Behringer releases their iX16 before then. Time is ticking..."

You all may want to put in your two cents there as well...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:40:17 AM by Harpman »
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Ampli

• Knight
Dont see your comment on facebook mackie
But who cares if  the next update is 1.5 or they go strait to 2.0
Aslong the dont make 1.5 and then take 6 month todo 2.0

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
2.0 is the new 1.5. 

If Gio's comment isn't ther it's probably because mackie will typically delete any comment they don't like or want others to see. They also block people when doing so. This is why I love behringers Facebook page. They leave nasty comment there and often reply to them as well.

Personally I will be done with the dl1608 soon. The x32 rack is on its way to stores now.

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
2.0 is the new 1.5. 

If Gio's comment isn't ther it's probably because mackie will typically delete any comment they don't like or want others to see. They also block people when doing so. This is why I love behringers Facebook page. They leave nasty comment there and often reply to them as well.

Personally I will be done with the dl1608 soon. The x32 rack is on its way to stores now.

Yeah, they took it down.  Expected that  ;).  I will be done with my DL as well soon.  I think all of us have been EXTREMELY patient.  I've been in the IT industry for over 44 years and seen many technology changes. If Mackie doesn't "wake up and smell the roses", they are gonna get buried really quick (if they haven't already). Manufacturers in the music industry are really starting to step it up and the competition is fierce.  The ones that listen to the owners wants and needs are the ones who will succeed!!
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Let's not flood e-bay with used DL's I want some of my money back!!!
When in doubt KISS

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
Let's not flood e-bay with used DL's I want some of my money back!!!

:lol:
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
I doubt I'll sell my DL1608 in a hurry, I tend to have short periods of gear lust then settle down to using what I have to get the job done. I've just emerged from a 'gear lust' episode so, unless it dies, the DL will be my mixer of choice for a year or two more at least. There are loads of features I'd like to have but if nobody else comes up with a genuine 'must have' feature I'll just learn to get the best out of what I have  8)

Fluddman

• Knight
I am eagerly awaiting MF 1.5 and I don't care if they call it 2.0 as long as it arrives fairly soon!

I really like the DL1608 and would really like another one as a backup but I am not prepared to act until I see if they address the updates we have been asking for. If they get it right I'd happily buy another one, if they don't its an iX16 or x32 rack for me.

Hope they also update their power supply - that's really bugging me at the moment.

Cheers

Rdmitch

• Knight
Wow, I feel real dumb cause I don't understand what difference it makes if its version 2.0 or 1.5
As long as it does more stuff that I would like to have, has a free download, doesn't delete my other settings I have saved and improves the functionality of the DL1608.
Please explain what the difference is if they do a major release, and how it would affect me.  I would hate to be in the dark on this.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

Fluddman

• Knight
Wow, I feel real dumb cause I don't understand what difference it makes if its version 2.0 or 1.5
As long as it does more stuff that I would like to have, has a free download, doesn't delete my other settings I have saved and improves the functionality of the DL1608.
Please explain what the difference is if they do a major release, and how it would affect me.  I would hate to be in the dark on this.

I think it has to do with how long we will have to wait to get the improvements we are after. I gather the concern is that version 2.0 might be a long way off.

Cheers

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
In my 50 yrs. of software development this is what I found typically happens. The original development team produces the product. They may stay a bit to do cleanup but most will move on to another interesting project. This may be within the company or somewhere else. The part of the team usually very junior members or underachievers stay to attempt to maintain and somewhat improve the product. This is what probably played out at Mackie. So don't hold your breath for immense strides until another team is willing to tackle the issue if the company is willing to invest the $. At Mackie this would have to impact the bottom line significantly. This holds true even more so for outsourced software.
When in doubt KISS

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
I don't understand why someone else hasn't made an app to run the DL mixers.
As many bazillion of these 1608s Mackie has on the market,.... a gob of people would not think twice about dropping $19.99 at the App Store for a new app.

diggo

• Padawan
My DL1608 will stay, but only as backup.

nottooloud

• Knight
I don't understand why someone else hasn't made an app to run the DL mixers.
As many bazillion of these 1608s Mackie has on the market,.... a gob of people would not think twice about dropping $19.99 at the App Store for a new app.

Wondering the same. Also wondering if anyone is hacking the wifi communication protocol. I'd love the option to add a hardware MIDI controller.

In the meantime, though, my DL1608 does everything I need it to, in a ridiculously small package, at a ridiculously low price point.

I'm very happy with it.

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
In my 50 yrs. of software development this is what I found typically happens. The original development team produces the product. They may stay a bit to do cleanup but most will move on to another interesting project. This may be within the company or somewhere else. The part of the team usually very junior members or underachievers stay to attempt to maintain and somewhat improve the product. This is what probably played out at Mackie. So don't hold your breath for immense strides until another team is willing to tackle the issue if the company is willing to invest the $. At Mackie this would have to impact the bottom line significantly. This holds true even more so for outsourced software.

Looks like you and I have been dealing with this in the IT realm for quite sometime. Its all about companies being sales driven and NOT support driven. Lets sell, sell, sell and then forget about the customer. I'm interested in what software development you do but don't want to use the forum to talk about it.  PM me and we can talk offline.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment