Author Topic: Unbelievable was I saw posted on FB Mackie Page - MF 2.0.... What about 1.5?  (Read 16215 times)

Harpman

• Knight
  • 的f music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
I don't understand why someone else hasn't made an app to run the DL mixers.
As many bazillion of these 1608s Mackie has on the market,.... a gob of people would not think twice about dropping $19.99 at the App Store for a new app.

The code is not "open source" and neither is the hardware.  Re-engineering is a waste of time for most.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
Wow, I feel real dumb cause I don't understand what difference it makes if its version 2.0 or 1.5
As long as it does more stuff that I would like to have, has a free download, doesn't delete my other settings I have saved and improves the functionality of the DL1608.
Please explain what the difference is if they do a major release, and how it would affect me.  I would hate to be in the dark on this.

For those of us who have had the DL1608 for a while, have seen what 1.4 brought us (very little). If 2.0 is branded as a "Major" release, then it should have most if not all the functionality that current owners have been asking for and voting for. 1.4 was cosmetic for the most part. The issue here is that Mackie hasn't delivered on "more stuff that we would like to have"!!

Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
My DL1608 will stay, but only as backup.

Yeah, that's about where I'm at at this point.

Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
I think I'm going to start the rumor that V2.0 will support multitrack recording on the new Lightning connector equipped DL1608 8) .

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Harpman
That's simple I'm RETIRED. Did is another story.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:03:55 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
I think I'm going to start the rumor that V2.0 will support multitrack recording on the new Lightning connector equipped DL1608 8) .

If Mackie had released the communications protocol someone by now would have written an app for that and a few other things. Mackie is the only audio company with deaf ears.
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Mackie is the only audio company with deaf ears.
Really? Try getting a straight answer out of Behringer or Phonic about their DL1608 "clones" :facepalm:.

Fluddman

• Knight

Wow, you heard that too! ;)

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment

Okay RR, you can wake up from your dream now :D. Wishful thinking though ;).

Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
Harpman
That's simple I'm RETIRED. Did is another story.

I'll probably never retire. At 55 and running my own corp, I feel like I'm retired at times and other times NOT  :lol:.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
I'm 72 so I have a few years on you. My advise to those retiring is simple DON'T the honey do list will kill you. I'm thinking of going back to work it's a lot easier.
When in doubt KISS

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
I'm 72 so I have a few years on you. My advise to those retiring is simple DON'T the honey do list will kill you. I'm thinking of going back to work it's a lot easier.

I hear you there!!  Luckily my soulmate is a singer and we have music in common (but that doesn't mean the "Honey Do" list is any shorter :lol: ).  I will take your advise to heart!!
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
Re: Unbelievable was I saw posted on FB Mackie Page - MF 2.0.... What about 1.5?
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2013, 03:21:13 PM »
I would assume the V2.0 rather than V1.5 is to align with the change to OS7, hence the change of denotation.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Unbelievable was I saw posted on FB Mackie Page - MF 2.0.... What about 1.5?
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2013, 05:11:53 PM »
That would make an ass-u-me. My take is that it was a carrot for owners and perspective buyers but V1.5 now looks delayed till Oct./Nov. or Christmas. V2.0 may make it to NAMM 2014. Your probably correct on iOS version.
When in doubt KISS

iamdunker

• Youngling
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2013, 07:43:53 PM »
This thread seems pointless.  The version number is a non issue as long as they keep updating.