Author Topic: My DL1608 has a new sister  (Read 3300 times)

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
My DL1608 has a new sister
« on: September 06, 2013, 06:00:54 PM »
A guy I work for on occasion just got the Soundcraft Si Expression 3 and let me take it home for a few days before our gig tomorrow - I've gotta say this is one sweet mixer! He picked it after comparing the X32 and Presonus options against it.

Only major suck is that the iPad app doesn't give you access to the channel strip, so no eq/compression/etc adjustments unless I'm at the mixer. Otherwise it's rock-solid, very intuitive (especially after fighting the LS9 at a local club a few times) and sounds fantastic!

I still like my DL1608, I just used it at a multi-band outdoor show (bluegrass acts) at a local club - it went great and people were really impressed with my simple, quick setup and high-quality mix. No problem keeping the show on-schedule, and the bands love that I'm standing on stage with them while working on the monitor mixes.

But for bigger shows I'm really looking forward to using the Expression - I'm doing sound for a play in November/December (Les Miserables) and really excited about the ease of storing & recalling cues!