Author Topic: ios 7  (Read 9782 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Re: ios 7
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2013, 04:39:33 PM »
Upgraded my iphone before last nights gig.  tested my fader.  Upgraded my ipad this morning.  Looking good.  I also had my first out with the DL1608 last night.  The preshow stuff went as well as my band lets things happen.  (The lead vocalist has them all gun shy about doing the right thing.  And he claims he doesn't like drama.)  It wasn't a perfect situation because the mixer was out of reach.  (small club, complicated setup.)  I could use an ipad stand there.  Normally it's closer. 

AbbaAgain

• Pint #1
  • Padawan
    • Abba Again
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2013, 11:06:17 PM »
Found an annoying feature within IOS 7 using master fader at tonight's gig. Didn't get a decent sound check tonight so had to do quite abit of mixing on the fly. Any way if you sweep up from the bottom of the  channel eq to get to the compressors/ noise gate you could possibly get the iOS 7 ' control center '. In the break I put a stop to it  by going to ..... Home screen, then > Settings > Control Center > Turn the toggle off at 'Access Within Apps ' ( should turn from green to grey ). Hope this saves you all abit of blaspheming ! ... Apart from this iOS 7 is working fine ...... So far !

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2013, 02:20:35 AM »
Interestingly enough one of the "bugs" in iOS 7 is that it is almost impossible to pull up Control Center if you have a case on the iPad :facepalm: .

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 08:19:13 AM »
Interesting, now you mention it I recall seeing it on my partners phone, however, I haven't seen it or managed to get it up on the iPad. Gigged last night and didn't have any issues when bringing up the compressor page. Generally everything was very stable and I had no issues with connectivity (wireless). Phew!  :)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 12:22:38 PM »
I think you have to swipe from off the edge of the touch screen towards the center.  Works on top too.  Did someone mention if it could be shut off in a particular app?  Might be something to ask for from Mackie.  (And when we get it in two years.)

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 03:43:29 PM »
I did a show on Saturday night after updating to iOS 7 (and with a new iPhone 5s) - worked flawlessly.

I never was able to keep a solid connection with my old iPhone 4s, it would drop randomly throughout the night so I stuck to the iPad for mobile mixing. Now I feel good about using the iPhone to ride faders & mute/unmute the reverb during the show.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2013, 03:53:49 PM »
You can disable control center from popping up in apps.  That's probably useful. 

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2013, 04:20:25 PM »
I did a show on Saturday night after updating to iOS 7 (and with a new iPhone 5s) - worked flawlessly.

I never was able to keep a solid connection with my old iPhone 4s, it would drop randomly throughout the night so I stuck to the iPad for mobile mixing. Now I feel good about using the iPhone to ride faders & mute/unmute the reverb during the show.
The reason for the improvement on connectivity is that iPhone 5* has 5 gig frequency range which the 4s never had. Lock to 5gig and you'll be good for now.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 04:30:44 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 03:59:12 AM »
Let someone else try it first and report back  ;)
What made you change your mind?
When in doubt KISS