Author Topic: Mackie Announces and Demos Master Fader 2.0  (Read 12574 times)

fazmanicg

• Youngling
Mackie Announces and Demos Master Fader 2.0
« on: September 25, 2013, 08:55:22 PM »
I have to say ..... They Listened!  Some really great changes and additions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOG4-J3qQY0

They also have new "Lightning Connector" Versions of the mixers, with iPad mini Brackets ... o

Looking forward to the update!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:57:49 PM by fazmanicg »

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: Mackie Announces and Demos Master Fader 2.0
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 09:10:07 PM »
MF V2 looks great, most of the important stuff is there (no assignable fx sadly). And as MF has a decent record for stability things should be looking good for the DL (not that I was planning to replace mine either way)  8)

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 10:33:47 PM »
Oh man I hope they get this out to the store before this weekend, I'm doing the tweener-stage at a festival and could use just about every new function they showed in that video!

Here's the page with the new functions: http://www.mackie.com/enews/products/2013/09/mackie-announces-master-fader-v2-0-tons-of-new-features-coming-soon/ - I see Sam has been there already...

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 06:32:55 AM »
Deja Vu  "Coming Soon" takes us back not too far V1.4! The list with the 10 most wanted (by votes) gets a 50% coverage, not bad I expected 20% for V1.5 but then this is V2.0.
When in doubt KISS

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 06:43:46 AM »
I did wonder about how long from announcement to launch as well WK, hopefully they learned their lesson (glass half full) from last time and are going to be slightly better at managing our expectations. I really like what they have done, though I think they still missed a trick by not having the EFX mutes at the top of the screen in the dead area. Still, loads of good stuff to play with here.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 09:10:19 AM »
A lot of useful improvements, shame no iPad "pad" though!
Definitely a step in the right direction and kudos to Mackie.
Please let the "lightning" upgrade kit be user installable here in the uk, rather than a send to service job:/
The older I get, the better I was!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 11:52:04 AM »
I don't see any reason why the lightening upgrade should be a service only part in the UK as it's available for self installing in the US. I don't need it yet as both my iPads have the 30 pin connector

thedrums

• Youngling
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 05:55:28 PM »
The lightning connector will be user serviceable. They have the instructions listed on the Mackie site already.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 06:32:42 PM »
Based on their preliminary docs we now have a stereo/mono channel mixer on inputs and outputs. The devil is in the details once released. The concept of groups is introduced but somewhat incomplete. You can mute (on/off) four group of selected channels and you can display same but there is no control (DCA or subgroup). I guess that's for V3.0 of MF. Lacking altogether is any assistance for setup (RTA or parametrics on outputs). No hint of any compatibility with other programs (DL as a input device to other apps other than stereo in/out).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 07:59:12 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

AbbaAgain

• Pint #1
  • Padawan
    • Abba Again
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 03:22:48 AM »
With the new release the ipad channel can be split L/R, hopefully this may, at a later date be open to the FX channel. If this is the case the 2  stereo FX channels may be changed to 4 mono channels. This hopefully could add extra FX like chours. Although I welcome MF2, I await 2.1 or what ever Mackie wish to call it with great anticipation....

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 03:41:14 AM »
Most of the additions made to 2.0 are control surface based. Adding real big improvements like parametric eqs and adding effects are processor based and much more difficult to implement. But a big kudos to Mackie for the additional control based additions. They will be very useful until I get my x32 rack. These improvements are making the dl look a lot better but there are things the behringer will do that unfortunately the dl will never be capable of. But, if we stick to robos theory of things, 2.0 is vaporware.

diggo

• Padawan
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 05:24:28 AM »
With the new release the ipad channel can be split L/R, hopefully this may, at a later date be open to the FX channel. If this is the case the 2  stereo FX channels may be changed to 4 mono channels.

From the getgo the DL1680 should have had a "Mono Mode" preference which automagically configures the mixer config to allow maximum I/O efficiency and DSP allocation for mono PA systems.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 10:55:25 AM »
Most of the additions made to 2.0 are control surface based. Adding real big improvements like parametric eqs and adding effects are processor based and much more difficult to implement. But a big kudos to Mackie for the additional control based additions. They will be very useful until I get my x32 rack. These improvements are making the dl look a lot better but there are things the behringer will do that unfortunately the dl will never be capable of. But, if we stick to robos theory of things, 2.0 is vaporware.

Lolz, you're still waiting on that rack?
You're well past the "in four months time" threshold now!
Btw, v2.0 definitely exists.......;)
The older I get, the better I was!

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 04:00:59 PM »
I don't see any reason why the lightening upgrade should be a service only part in the UK as it's available for self installing in the US. I don't need it yet as both my iPads have the 30 pin connector

Same here Sam. I have one of each.  The iPad 3 is always docked and the iPad 4 (Retina) I roam the house with.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 04:21:03 PM »

Jerry, don't get me wrong here because I came from the Behringer camp. I couldn't wait any longer for the X32 console and gave up in lieu of the DL1608. For those of you moving to the x32, there is definitely a steeper learning curve as compared to the DL. And yes, more features of course. So tired of company's that over commit and under deliver.  That's the way the world turns I guess.  I just wish that companies can be more realistic on their commitments to deliver a product, whether hardware or software and not having people like you and me waiting on baited breath. I have to learn not to get all caught up in the sales and marketing hype and be patient  :)
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"