Author Topic: Mackie Announces and Demos Master Fader 2.0  (Read 12585 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Mackie Announces and Demos Master Fader 2.0
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 06:54:51 AM »
Gio: On Facebook you're hoping for a release of V2.0 in a week or so. Mackie replied that they are testing not teasing, Yeah! My take on this new farce is that they will wait for Behringer to announce iX16 is shipping before they release. Someone else on another forum had the nerve to call Mackie tech support and asked if they completed the testing V1.4.3 for iOS7, the answer was we're still testing. To top it all of Apple released an update to V7 already! No wonder I'm still on iOS 6.1 and V1.41 cause it works for what I do.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 02:50:01 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 12:07:27 PM »
The ios 7 update was to close the security sneak around.  That had to be addressed immediately.  As far as Master Fader and My Fader on ios 7, no problems found here yet.  I've only been using my mixer for the last two weeks and still stumble about on it.  (Probably not taking full advantage of it yet though I rarely have more than a few unused channels.) 

AbbaAgain

• Pint #1
  • Padawan
    • Abba Again
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 08:58:57 PM »
Just seen on the Mackie Facebook page that they are still making decisions about the 'quick access panel'. If that's the case then I wouldn't hold your breath for a release this week. I am looking forward to MF2 and I don't want to rush 'em, but I would  rather them be a bit more transparent with us about what's going on and realistic ETA's

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 09:32:24 PM »
Nothing there that indicates preliminary view of access panel. I would have liked to see 6 DCA's (4 would do in a pinch) and a record group (single). That will have to be for V3.0 of MF.
Wynnd: you may want to believe that it was only a security fix but my experience tells me otherwise. Companies in general don't like to air their dirty linens in public. Security issues on the other hand usually get top billing and are easy to dismiss.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 02:53:33 AM »
The reason for thinking it was the security issue was the nearly immediate release of how to get past the ios lock when you don't know the passcode.  That knowledge was distributed quite quickly.  (And not fixing it right away would affect their sales.)