Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Aux Send Question

(1/2) > >>

Philly_sax:
What is the best type of Audio cable to send a mix to a powered monitor? Should the 1/4 " jack be TS or TRS?
Using Behring Eurolive B205D which have combo main-in, so that end of cable can be xlr male or 1/4 ".
I assume the Aux send is a balanced out? Therefore, 1/4" TRS to xlr male? What gauge would you recommend  25 ft.? 
Also, the monitor sound was cutting in and out and I assumed it was the old Galaxy hotspot I was using, maybe 20 years old.  So I tossed it. but I wonder if anyone has had issues with Aux send cutting out?

(I am a musician, not a sound expert).
Thank you.

sam.spoons:
TRS to XLRM is the usual solution but TRS to TRS would work fine as well, there have been problems using unbalanced devices fed from the DL aux outputs (a high frequency digital 'hash'), a special cable is usually solves the issue. I'm not aware of cutting out issues with the DL auxs though.

Wynnd:
All Aux sends are TRS.  Don't think you need anything special on the cable outside of standard shielded 2 conductor wire.  (Or is that considered 3 conductor when including the shield?)   200' runs should be fine.  (If you really needed that much length.)  One of the things I really liked about this mixer is not ever having to run a snake off the stage.  (I have a short 8 channel snake that gets used nearly every gig.)   

Jerrylee:
As Sam says trs to xlr. I have a qsc system with a couple behringer b210ds thrown in the mix. I get a lot if noise with standard 1/4 inch cables especially with the behringers. So I never use them. I have a bunch of taylor guitar cables that were given to me with my Taylor's when I had a taylor sponsorship. They are 1/4 trs to xlr made for their expression system guitars. And they work perfect coming out of the board. They are about 18ft so they are a decent length. I also use a 3 foot trs/xlr with a longer xlr cable too. Same as the taylor cable but shorter. I have hooked both up to 100ft xlrs with no issues. The only time I use a standard 1/4 inch cable is with my subs. And I only do that if I am out of the others.

Wynnd:
Some TRS/XLR inputs take the signal ground, invert it and add it to the signal hot.  That doubles the signal strength and cancels out any signal intrusions.  There's a good probability that most XLR type inputs are doing that now.  That would probably account for the issues you have with a standard 2 conductor 1/4 inch cable. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version