Author Topic: No Keyboard when saving Masterpiece  (Read 3644 times)

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
No Keyboard when saving Masterpiece
« on: October 13, 2013, 03:58:17 PM »
Since upgrading to iOS 7 I haven't recorded. Last night I recorded and when I went to close MF, it asked me to "Save Masterpiece". When I went to type the name, the keyboard didn't pop up.  So bummed.  Has anyone else experienced this issue.  Was never a problem before iOS 7.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Wynnd

• Master
Re: No Keyboard when saving Masterpiece
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 05:32:44 PM »
mine has worked just fine.  Wonder if you accidentally saved it without a name?  Might just check and see if its there.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 05:35:24 PM »
One more possibility is if you have a bluetooth keyboard set up with your ipad, if it was on, the screen keyboard doesn't appear.   Even though my bluetooth keyboard goes to sleep, I generally turn it off when I don't need it.

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 05:23:26 AM »
Neither one of those  :(
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 02:26:39 AM »
Actually, let me stand corrected.  It did save without a name! Whewww! Thanks Wynnd

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 06:03:57 AM »
That's wonderful news.  On a new project, I was using my ZXA1 PA as the backline for the e-drums, keys, bass and vocals.  (First rehearsal)  project is low volume and using that PA as the backline provides everything, as soon as I get a mic on the guitar, and acts as the monitor as well.  Planning on setting a couple of SX100 in front for a little extra vocals if needed.  I listened to the first rehearsal recording and think it has some possibilities as a source of demo material.  (Not really expecting to need the SX100s, but just a bit of insurance.)  I already know a number of clubs that would love a low volume band.  (And my hearing could use a break.)

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 08:23:25 AM »
My band has two low volume variations, one is full acoustic, with acoustic guitar/mandolin cajon and electric upright bass, the other is the full on rock set but using a Traps A400 kit and Epiphone Valve Junior on guitar (though TBH I actually prefer to use my 18watt combo and turn it down). In both cases volume levels allow conversation without shouting. A mates band have a "Lounge" set with the drummer on brushes and him on a semi. It definitely helps getting gigs if you can play quietly  8)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 12:47:08 PM »
I've had the pleasure of working with a few drummers who can play below 80 dbc with sticks.  They make playing low volume so easy.  (One was named Bing Crosby.  Probably not too rare a name for my generation.  One of the others is writing and playing Christian Country in Texas.)

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 04:23:25 AM »
As a bass player buddy of mine said "If you play quieter, people will actually listen". He is right!  Really fed up with musicians that just keep turning up cuz they want to be heard.  The stage gets so hot, they want more monitor cuz they can't hear themselves and before you know it, the FOH sounds like mud. To compenstate for a "hot" stage, there are two options: 1. Tell the musicians to turn down (they never do) or 2. turn up the FOH which sends the listeners (fans) running for dear life and the venue owners getting pissed off. They need to get a clue ;D
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment