Author Topic: Mackie Marketing effective or detrimental?  (Read 2902 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Mackie Marketing effective or detrimental?
« on: October 20, 2013, 12:33:41 AM »
Am I the only one that questions Mackie's marketing especially the DL1608 and now the new VLZ4 line of mixers or is marketing a loose canon? Their latest attempt to entice customers to buy is here:
  http://www.mackie.com/enews/products/2013/10/the-mixbusters-bring-back-the-competition-to-battle-against-the-new-vlz4/

Love to hear some opinions as to why you would buy a VLZ4 based on this. IMHO Mackie could do without and save some money by getting rid of that overhead that appears to be headquartered at the Red Hook Brewery down the road. They finally figured out how to display a sine wave with their AP gear ~$50k.
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Mackie Marketing effective or detrimental?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 01:56:21 AM »
If I treated my mixer like that, I would deserve the costs of replacing it. 

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
Re: Mackie Marketing effective or detrimental?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 07:52:17 AM »
I like it, its brave and entertaining and shows the product lives up to its claims. I know all too many people that don't bother with a case for their mixers and they end up being stacked in the back of a van with the rest of their gear. Inevitably the mixer takes a fall or gets bounced around thanks to our potholed roads, so whilst I would always encourage people to take care of their gear, the are plenty of people who don't and this is the type of product they need... otherwise I get a lot of repair jobs  ;D

Looking at the wider context of their marketing, I prefer this approach to the odd ball adverts for the DL1608 where the dude was wandering around like he was on LSD!

And most importantly, its more likely to buy something than Apple's marketing  :lol: