Author Topic: problem - Pink / white noise from ipad channel  (Read 37919 times)

abzurd

Re: problem - Pink / white noise from ipad channel
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2013, 12:41:09 PM »
FYI - I emailed Mackie last night, gave them the link to this conversation as well as the video link.

abzurd

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2013, 07:13:09 PM »
No reply from Mackie. That's kind of a bummer. I'm going to try my 1st gen ipad as the docked one next show. It's capped at IOS5 so if it's an IOS issue with the software it won't have the problem. Frankly I don't do much mixing at all with the docked ipad. I only was using the newer one because I record the FOH mix most of the time and figure the better ipad would handle multiple tasks better.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2013, 07:58:05 PM »
No reply from Mackie. That's kind of a bummer.
I do have one of the Mackie engineer's private email from early on when he was foolish enough to email me about something I reported ;) and I did email him about this a couple days ago. The word back is they have your report and are looking into it. I'd go ahead and try the iPad 1 - it should be plenty fast enough to run Master Fader and play music at the same time :) .

abzurd

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2013, 08:00:10 PM »
No reply from Mackie. That's kind of a bummer.
I do have one of the Mackie engineer's private email from early on when he was foolish enough to email me about something I reported ;) and I did email him about this a couple days ago. The word back is they have your report and are looking into it. I'd go ahead and try the iPad 1 - it should be plenty fast enough to run Master Fader and play music at the same time :) .

Cool, thanks.

abzurd

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2013, 12:37:37 PM »
So Mackie opened a bit of a Pandora's box patting themselves on the back via Facebook. There are a few other comments about this issue no FB and a reference to this discussion. So my guess is Mackie has known about this for at least some amount of time.

As mentioned, I'll be using my original Ipad with OS5 and we'll see how it works. the bummer is I have to use older versions of most programs due to the age of the IOS so hopefully it's not my permanent solution.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2013, 08:13:43 AM »
That's why I'm still on ios6.1 and v1.4.1 of MF. Dumn luck for the most part.
Aloha !
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:22:30 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

bdaprile

• Youngling
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2013, 02:06:40 PM »
Just thought I would toss in my two cents worth as well. I also get the pink noise now with master fader since updating to iOS 7. It seems to happen when I switch back-and-forth between the Apple music app and master fader. It happens almost every time I use the mixer. The strange thing is it doesn't always happen the first time I switch between master fader and Apple music. It does not happen when I stream music wirelessly with my iPhone through my router. Only with the docked ipad. Very annoying.

Brian
DL1608, Bose L1S with B2 Bass Module, iPad 3

JMc

• Padawan
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2013, 05:55:26 PM »
For what it's worth, I've had this same problem occur, and it happened for the first time after I upgraded to OS 7.  I switched music apps and haven't had the problem since.  I assumed it had something to do with the music app being outdated and not necessarily a Mackie issue.  I was using an app called "Mp3 Player" when I had the white noise problem intermittently, but haven't had any issues since switching to the Louder Logic app.  I started with the free version, but upgraded to the paid version.  I've done several gigs without a problem, since.

Nottoodeaf

• Padawan
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2013, 06:25:15 PM »
Hate to rain on anybody's parade, but I have had the problem while using both Apple music player and Louder Logic and have not yet upgaded to OS7.
Does that have to be there?  Not anymore!

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2013, 06:53:02 PM »
no problem here, but I rarely play music through the ipad.  (ipad 2 and ios 7.)

abzurd

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 11:56:29 PM »
Well, unfortunately the new MasterFader did nothing to make this problem go away. In about 5 minutes of flipping around on the ipad I was able to scare the crap out of myself. I was wearing headphones. Disappointing to say the least.

abzurd

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2013, 01:35:27 PM »
Updated to IOS 7.0.4 over the weekend. The problem remains.

Yorgaki1

• Padawan
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2013, 02:51:50 AM »
I'm having the same problem and it just occurred again over the weekend while playing a Greek festival down in Mobile Alabama. I went to the bathroom of course that's when it happened luckily my bandmates were smart enough to just power off our powered QSC speakers. I was running djay on my docked iPad although it's happened with the iTunes app also. Need a fix bad!

abzurd

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2013, 03:01:42 AM »
I'm working with Mackie and just fired off another email after testing again tonight. Are you using IOS7? I've not had it happen at all on my IOS5 iPad. Unfortunately Apple has turned off the downgrading of the IOS so if you've moved to 7 you're essentially stuck.

The problem with hitching your wagon to 3rd party hardware...and thus software too, is it's very difficult to vet what the culprit is. It's also easy to say it's the other company's problem. Mackie hasn't done this, but they also can't reproduce it.

BTW, I'd be curious to know what the serial number is on your DL1608 to see if it just happens to be close to mine. Mine is 2037399CREU0403 and is Revision B00 (whatever that means).

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2013, 03:37:48 AM »
Do yous guys force close all apps before running Master Fader and your music playing app at a gig? I think we figured out that makes the iPad much more stable (contrary to what Apple says). I personally have been playing break music from the iPad and haven't had the issue.