Author Topic: problem - Pink / white noise from ipad channel  (Read 38459 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: problem - Pink / white noise from ipad channel
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2014, 04:06:10 PM »
I can't see how that would help,
The problem is with iOS's sound subsystem so having Master Fader not access it might help?
but if I recall correctly, you need to allow access to the microphone to record on the mixer.
Only if you are using Master Fader's built-in recorder. I use Voice Record Pro myself so have no need to have Master Fader record.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2014, 05:11:52 PM »
Here's a thought has anyone used DJ Player V7.1 to play BG music. It's claim to fame is NO APPLE code used 100% their own. This would help pinpoint the problem. There's a free version.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 05:13:35 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2014, 05:16:15 PM »
Here's a thought has anyone used DJ Player V7.1 to play BG music. It's claim to fame is NO APPLE code used 100% their own. This would help pinpoint the problem. There's a free version.
The probability that it makes zero OS calls is 0% IMO .
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 05:34:36 PM by RoadRanger »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2014, 05:29:44 PM »
The probability that it makes zero OS calls is 0% IMO .
Picky, picky, picky of course it has to use iOS system calls but NO CORE AUDIO calls.
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2014, 05:34:54 PM »
I couldn't figure out a way to get it to just play through a playlist? And the "free" version likes to stop and bitch at you to "upgrade" for $20. It was also buggy getting the second "deck" to work, dunno if that was part of the "free" crippleware or not?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2014, 05:37:44 PM »
Oh, and while iOS 7.0.6 doesn't claim any bugfixes in core audio I'd sure like to hear if it fixes this isue for anyone? Rumor is that 7.1 is due within the month too - seems strange to ship a 7.0.6 unless it has something critical fixed that they didn't want to mention (AKA something in iOS 7.0.4 was totally borked).

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2014, 06:02:52 PM »
I think the bug count was over 1000 with a lot in CORE Audio and multitasking. Every once in a while I have to pry all of you loose from that tree your clinging to and get you to take a step back and look at the forest. Apple Computer once was a computer company but in 2007 it's illustrious leader declared it otherwise and called it Apple Inc. a consumer products company. He stated that only one of it's products was a computer  ::). Since then Apple's main product has been iPhone and iTunes service all other products have been declining in total sales for a number of years. What concerns them now even more is the declining market share in their key business iPhones. Their main attention and highest priority is phone code and it's toys, AUDIO takes a backseat to it so get over it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 06:46:17 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS