Author Topic: warranty service?  (Read 3706 times)

Wynnd

• Master
warranty service?
« on: October 21, 2013, 07:06:29 PM »
I've got a bad connector on channel 13.  (1/4 inch is broken.  XLR still works.)  What do you think I should do?  Bought it Sept 2 from Guitar Center in Minneapolis.  My attempts to contact Mackie this morning haven't worked yet.  (I live in Denver.)  Anyone else needed warranty service and how did it go?

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
Re: warranty service?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 07:42:12 PM »
Some TRS jacks cause problems with the combo connectors (e.g. some copies of Neutriks) I've had trouble with Switchcraft jack sockets on a Soundcraft desk too. I'd get it back to the dealer asap.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 08:45:38 PM »
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 04:23:58 PM »
Got email to Mackie and talked with them.  They will be switching the unit out and sending the replacement first.  (That way my mixer isn't out of commission.)  I'm OK with that.  Now I just got to find that pesky receipt. 

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 05:54:47 PM »
Replacement seems to be the only way so far with Mackie's service. Nothing wrong with that and advanced replacement at that.  Be interesting to see what the serial # may be able to tell us. New or refurbished replacements? Are they asking for proof of purchase only or with an accompanying credit card?
When in doubt KISS

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 06:04:50 PM »
Really can't grumble with replacement (seemingly without question, some companies would make you jump through endless hoops before doing so) and advanced replacement is excellent service. I can't see what more Mackie could to give better service than that  ;D

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 03:04:31 AM »
Got a duplicate receipt from Guitar Center e-mailed to me.  That should work because the serial number is the same on the receipt as it is on the box.  Nice guys, Guitar Center in Edina Mn. 

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 09:31:30 AM »
Got notice from Mackie that the replacement is on its way.  Currently in Salt Lake City with a delivery date of next Tuesday.  It's not the way I would want a bad connector fixed, but I can live with it and won't have more than an hour's down time.  In the end, it's probably as good as taking it to a tech to have it fixed.  I am afraid that after warranty, there might not be much expertise to repair these things.  (Though replacing a bad connector is well within my skill set.) 

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 09:34:20 AM »
One more note.  Because my shows are kept on the ipad, I shouldn't have any issues with getting back to where I was before.  If I had replaced my ipad, restoring from my backup on my computer might have also protected my shows.  This is pretty good in my book.