Author Topic: Installing Mavericks on my MacBook Pro  (Read 2560 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Installing Mavericks on my MacBook Pro
« on: October 23, 2013, 03:00:38 AM »
Got a few weeks before my next gig and the timing couldn't be better for having a problem.  So it's currently downloading 5.2 GB  (OS's have gotten sooooo big.)  Will report back on any issues that apply to the DL1608, IPAD and backups.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Installing Mavericks on my MacBook Pro
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 03:13:34 AM »
Ah yes the bleeding edge, remember it well. I hope all's backed up and nothing mission critical is on the Mac. Good luck!!
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 04:38:46 AM »
Got a fairly recent time-machine backup.  Nothing critical currently.  I'm actually typing this on the first full boot from Mavericks.  So far only software that isn't supported is Avast and I'm going to their website next. 

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 03:07:58 AM »
Avast seems to be working in spite of Apple's warning.  Everything I've tried so far is working fine.  The browser seems faster.  (Why would that be?)  it also seems to be running cooler than before.  (Might go along with the stated longer battery life.  Could just be the slightly cooler temperatures in my living room.) 

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 07:10:15 PM »
For Avast, just go to the "Incompatible Software" folder at the root level of the hard drive and double click the preference pane to reinstall. The preference pane will work fine once you do that. That seems to be where the glitch is.
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!