Author Topic: Cannnot, For the Life Of Me, Figure Out How To Setup Airport Express With DL1608  (Read 2443 times)

ChiroVette

• Padawan
Seriously, with the Netgear it was a breeze. Apple, who prides themselves on ease of operation really seems to have dropped the ball on this one. I bought the Airport Express and downloaded the alleged software that you can use to connect to the router and configure it. The problem is, it seems determined to FORCE me to set it up for Internet, which I am not doing.

It keeps giving me error messages and the indicator light on the unit is flashing amber, indicating a problem connecting. I managed to create a network name and passwords, but it keeps asking me for Internet and keeps telling me that the problem with not finding Internet is unresolvable. This would, of course be all right if I, you know, wanted to use this as an Internet router, but I don't! I just want the damned thing to be a wireless router to use with my DL1608, a task which seems bizarrely difficult...and I have set up plenty of routers in my time.

Man, I hate Apple.

Can anyone help me out?

Edit:Okay I think I have it. Apparently it can be done through the DL1608 and a docked iPad with little effort, and I think this is working.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 04:49:41 AM by ChiroVette »