Author Topic: Record/Playback solution for docked iPads  (Read 2354 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Record/Playback solution for docked iPads
« on: July 19, 2020, 08:41:40 PM »
It looks like the third party app bails out Mackie's broken record/Playback function and it's controllable from the iPad channel in MF for volume and mute in playback but not for start/stop or any controls for record similar to the docked MF. So far the free version of Voice Record 7 is not disconnecting but it does have a 8hr. limit. It doesn't matter if recording in MP3 or PCM. Please note that the PCM at 44.1Khz 16 bit is only mono. MP3 320 is stereo if you must have stereo. If you need PCM stereo at higher resolution than 128 you will need to purchase Voice Record 7 Full that has more functions and longer record times. For $6.99 it's a bargain. Even the free version has far more features than MF. So it seems that a third party iPad app works without disconnecting so far. I will continue testing further. Please note that Voice record is the only app running on the docked iPad. It will run in the background if you need MF, but unless you only have one control surface I would not run MF. Stay tuned.
Cheers

P.S. If you have other reliable solutions please post.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 05:47:37 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Record/Playback solution for docked iPads
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 03:22:26 AM »
After six eight hour recordings and numerous replays not one of these provided a disconnect. I would conclude that Voice Record 7 is certainly up to the job. This now concludes that MF could be corrected for record/playback without changes to the PSoC 3 code. It does however not conclude that the several signals from the PSoC 3 could be at fault since one or more of these could be ignored by Voice record code.  A false status could be the source of the problem in MF. This is something Mackie will have to determine in the Mandolin code.
Cheers
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 08:07:18 AM »
My main focus has been recording rather than playback. For playback only for intermission/break music there are lots of apps such as Evermusic offline music player and many others that manage your music and playlists. The pro version is worth it as well. There are of course other solutions as discussed in this forum such as Bluetooth based solutions.
Cheers
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 06:05:07 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

barrynz

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 12:28:08 AM »
Thank you for this information....I still have 2 (1 a spare) DL806's in pristine condition perfect for the duo I play in, and after 7 years of usage, finally decided to investigate recording to ipad. Should've done it years ago...even for a simple virtual soundcheck.  However, couldn't get, what seemed to be an easy procedure, to work using MF 5.2 and, after a fruitless Google search found this thread....works a treat....I will use a little and then upgrade to FULL version to increase quality....Once again thank you.