Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

docked iPad loses sync

(1/44) > >>

nottooloud:
DL1608 with a docked version 1 iPad. Intermittently resyncs. Sometimes even fails to do that, and sits there with no meters. Flip back to the settings page and it displays "getting name" in the connected mixer slot. iPad mini running the mixer via wifi never drops. Interestingly, I have been recording when this has happened, and the recordings appear to be fine. No data missing. I have no way to tell if the problem is the mixer or the ipad.

Anybody else seen this happen?

WK154:
Yes I think the sync loss and re-sync code has had problems since day one and it still hasn't been resolved. ;D

Wynnd:
Really shouldn't be that hard to add a line of code checking to see if it's still linked. 

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: WK154 on October 28, 2013, 04:57:09 AM ---Yes I think the sync loss and re-sync code has had problems since day one and it still hasn't been resolved. ;D

--- End quote ---

You're also seeing an ipad lose sync while docked in a DL1608?

It didn't happen at all until recently, and now it happens a lot. I was assuming it was a hardware issue. I have certainly beat the snot out of this poor old ipad.

WK154:
My iPad is a 3 and I don't know how Mackie implemented Sync determination other than poorly. If data is coming over the pseudo USB lines and surviving the sync disconnect then there is an obvious problem. I can make it fail with<90% charge on the ipad on a 1M cable. Large charging current disrupts the frail USB lines or whatever other way they have of determining Sync. This problem existed since day 1. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version