Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

docked iPad loses sync

<< < (21/44) > >>

Harpman:
I don't have the sync issue nearly as much anymore because my docked IPad is only running MF. I stream my break music from my Airport Extreme to channels 15/16.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: Harpman on March 17, 2014, 09:45:44 PM ---I don't have the sync issue nearly as much anymore because my docked IPad is only running MF. I stream my break music from my Airport Extreme to channels 15/16.

--- End quote ---

I've certainly had the sync issue with no playback at all.

mmurphy:
Well I ran the heck out of my rig this weekend. I left it on all day Saturday and packed it up in -20C weather and brought to my gig. Plugged it in, and presto. It worked perfectly. Played all night error free.
Left it in the car till Monday (I know, I know especially here in Canada) but anyways, I went and set it up at noon on Monday and again left it on till I arrived for the gig at 4:30pm. Played all night error free.

I am much happier with it now.

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: nottooloud on March 12, 2014, 11:42:38 PM ---Now they're "servicing" them. As if they're going to do anything but swap the motherboard.

--- End quote ---

Little update. When my DL1608 hit the one month mark sitting on a shelf in the service center in New Jersey, I whined to techmail at the home office. New one arrived Friday. Haven't had a chance to stress test it, but I've had it out for two shows with no problems. Taking it out again this afternoon.

Keyboard Magic:
So just for laughs, here is my start up sequence:

One iPad is docked….
Power up airport express, wait for it to boot.
Power up DL, it then makes the iPad power up.
Load Master Fader 2.1.1 on docked iPad. It then syncs with the DL (get pop up window announcing sync)
I then load whatever saved scenes I need to use.
Power up remote second ipad, make sure it’s connected to airport express wireless, load Master Fader on this iPad. It syncs to docked ipad or the DL itself. (Not sure which)

This has worked every time. Of course this all has not been used in the real world yet, so I may be in for a lot of fun dropping sync etc. when I do a real gig at an important venue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version