Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

docked iPad loses sync

<< < (23/44) > >>

JMc:
I'm sure happy to hear that so many aren't having any sync problems with their iPad's because my iPad 2 is having problems all the time losing sync.  The recommended boot order suggested earlier:

Power on iPad, open Master Fader
Power on DL-1608
Power on router

Doesn't work for for me.  In order for the router to sync and pass signal to the aux iPads and iPhones, it has to be powered up first.  I guess I'm going to have to undock the iPad from the mixer and hope that it stays in sync that way, but that wasn't my preference.  I'm calling Mackie tomorrow.  I love the DL1608, but these little niggly bugs are making it lose its sheen.

WK154:
Not sure what your reading but I and many others have explained the power up sequence and it's not what you stated. Since there are two different ways to hook up to the DL different sequences are used by me.
For the record once more:

Docked usage:
iPad power on and MF started first then
power on DL.

Un-docked usage:
Power on access point (Airport express etc.) first. Reason is to have the DHCP server ready to be able to assign IP address.
Power up DL since it has the poorest connect software.
Power on iPad and start MF.

Hope this helps.

JMc:

--- Quote from: WK154 on April 06, 2014, 07:10:06 PM ---Docked usage:
iPad power on and MF started first then
power on DL.

Un-docked usage:
Power on access point (Airport express etc.) first. Reason is to have the DHCP server ready to be able to assign IP address.
Power up DL since it has the poorest connect software.
Power on iPad and start MF.

--- End quote ---

What if I want BOTH docked and undocked usage?  In other words, I want to leave the iPad docked, but still have wifi use for other iPads and iPhones using master fader or my fader?  Because if I use the sequence you say for Un-docked use, then my iPad that is docked loses sync.  Repeatedly.  It seemed that I had tried your undocked method before, but still lost sync with the docked iPad.  Oh well, I'll try it again.  Not much else I can do.  Thank you.

WK154:
That was not your original request and I don't have two iPads to simulate your problem but let me suggest that you power up the DL last after all iPads have been started. Gio may have some input to this since he has two iPads. It may also depend on the iPad versions for more fun. None of this would need to be done if the MF/DL software were properly written. This software exists in the public domain from the Linux router project 10+ years ago. Sad!
Loosing sync is of course the problem Mackie has yet to fix and that won't go away with any power on sequence.

If your sync loss is consistent and repeatable then let me say that when you talk to Mackie suggest that they buy back your gear so that they can solve the Sasquatch project. ;D

JMc:
Thanks for your input...  I'm still going to call Mackie tomorrow to complain, for the reasons stated and because it's warranted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version