Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

docked iPad loses sync

<< < (35/44) > >>

nottooloud:
Just an update, my 3rd DL1608 is now dropping sync frequently. I don't disconnect it, because I'm recording. Sometimes it successfully resyncs after a few minutes of blank meters. Sometimes not. I'm really ready for QSC to come out with theirs.

WK154:
Get ready from what I hear if you didn't pre-order you'll be waiting.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/touchmix/id898402638?mt=8
For practice meantime. ;)

Keyboard Magic:
So even with QSC, how do we know that we aren’t going to run into teething issues similar to Mackie? All these new small format digital mixers are potentially going to mess up until the software/hardware bugs are ironed out. Yes QSC does have a good name and their products are good, so hopefully the first little bugs will be swiftly corrected.  It’s like playing Russian Roulette. You want them to work ‘cause they’re so cool and wireless mixing is amazing. But for me there’s that little nagging doubt.

I know some have not had any issues at all with their DL’s and a lot have, myself included. But when you’ve just received your 3rd new DL and it’s acting up, what does this say? Mackie has a big problem. (I know, Captain Obvious here) Based on postings here, I am seriously considering another product.  And with the uncertainty of small digital mixers like Mackie, for me at least I am considering analog. Actually using my ZED10 for now. But that X32 Rack is looking better all the time, hmmmmm. Sure, there's the uncertainty factor with this one too, but haven't heard of any major fails yet since it was released.

Wynnd:
Would be watching for the first complaints from others.  Had my docked ipad lose sync at rehearsal.  rebooted the ipad and things went fine from there.  Didn't have my iPad mini connected up like I normally do.

WK154:
KM in a few weeks mine will be a two year old. It is all about a company's support system and philosophy. Mackie's unfortunately is dismal with their Digital mixer lines, not just the DL. Software will always have a few bugs but response from the manufacturer is what counts. A year and a half is way past any reasonable response. QSC is in it for the long haul and as they stated on their forum other sizes are to follow. I doubt that they would drag their heels if they expect to be a player in this field. Think about this. Where are Mackie's other size digital mixers, two years is a long time for additional models.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version