Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

docked iPad loses sync

<< < (17/44) > >>

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: Jkowtko on January 02, 2014, 09:16:04 PM ---how do you send the rest of your equipment?

--- End quote ---

One of my frequent gigs is to run sound on chartered 1940's Pullman train cars. For most of my fly dates last year and next year, I am actually carrying the entire PA except the speaker stands. We fly Southwest, where you get two bags free. I travel with other people, and clothes pack with the gear, so I've got from four to six 50lb 62" spaces, depending on which train I'm working on. I have speaker stands stashed in Chicago and LA, where the trains leave from.

http://www.flyingunderradar.com/2014-trips-dave-alvins-west-of-the-west-grand-circle

WK154:
Nottooloud: Thanks, as always, for your unrequested input.
You're welcome. Your simple solution is not to post. Mine is even simpler, ignore your posts.  :)
Happy New Year!

Wynnd:
If I had the extra revenue, I'd love to take that trip.  My Sister has been threatening to come west by train.  I shoot her your link.  (She's a High School teacher so there are limits to her schedule.) 

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: WK154 on January 02, 2014, 11:34:09 PM ---Your simple solution is not to post.

--- End quote ---

Solution to what? My mixer losing sync? I don't think so.

Your posts certainly aren't a thing that needs a solution. I thanked you for that one, as I have before, even though it was irrelevant and incorrect. You make me laugh, and I enjoy that.

nottooloud:
I finally had it drop sync over wifi last week, both iPads at once, unrecoverable. Had a presentation show running, multiple A/V sources and various people handing wireless mics around. No opportunity to reboot. Grit my teeth and mix from the gain pots.

I've come to the conclusion it's a mixer hardware issue. Going back for service. We'll see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version