Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

docked iPad loses sync

<< < (19/44) > >>

mmurphy:
I've had my DL1608 of about 2 months. Reasonably problem free but I too have had sync problems since I installed the latest Myfader 2.1 and firmware update. I, like many, thought it was my old iPad 1 but it does look more and more like a sync problem. Ironic, my friend bought the Behringer X32 around the same time and I warned him about the quality of that product line from personal experience. His works great..........

I gig with this rig at least 3 times/month and cannot afford to mess around with gear. I really hope there is a fix for this soon.

Mike

mmurphy:
I wrote to Mackie and got a reply the next day!
They suggested another Myfader update to 2.1.1
Done.
It does appear to be solved but I have noticed an important order of startup.
This has worked everytime I've tried it so far.
Leave mixer off.
Do not connect wifi.
Turn on iPad and open Myfader app
Then turn on mixer.
Finally, connect wifi if you are using it.
Yay!

Mike

Fluddman:
Wow that's interesting. Its the opposite order of start up that I use.

I'll give it a try.

Cheers

WK154:

--- Quote from: mmurphy on March 12, 2014, 05:31:01 PM ---I wrote to Mackie and got a reply the next day!
They suggested another Myfader update to 2.1.1
Done.
It does appear to be solved but I have noticed an important order of startup.
This has worked everytime I've tried it so far.
Leave mixer off.
Do not connect wifi.
Turn on iPad and open Myfader app
Then turn on mixer.
Finally, connect wifi if you are using it.
Yay!

Mike

--- End quote ---

I trust you meant to say Master Fader instead of Myfader. Myfader has limited control over the DL. As to the turn on sequence here is the order and reasons for the sequence.
For docking turn on the iPad first start MF app and then plug into a powered on DL. For network connection turn on the access point and let the DHCP server time to be functional. Then turn on iPad on and MF and lastly the DL. The DL has the weakest sync code.

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: mmurphy on March 12, 2014, 05:31:01 PM ---It does appear to be solved but I have noticed an important order of startup.

--- End quote ---

I've never had any trouble getting them to sync on startup. After a few hours, though, that's a different story. Mackie service in NJ has had mine for two weeks now. I wrote up a detailed procedure for them to reproduce the issue. They haven't tried it. They're "waiting for something from Loud." I'm not happy.

Some months back, when a jack failed on my first DL1608, I had a new one in days, because parts didn't exist. Now they're "servicing" them. As if they're going to do anything but swap the motherboard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version