Author Topic: docked iPad loses sync  (Read 104087 times)

nottooloud

• Knight
Re: docked iPad loses sync
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2014, 01:53:36 AM »
My third DL sat over in the corner of the room with my original iPad in it running audio for the last week week solid. It resynced repeatedly, but always recovered. Seems clear to me that there is something in the communication code that is borderline. Variance in the hardware either slides too far off the edge or doesn't. If you're a lucky one with good hardware, and you don't stare at your DL nonstop, you might well never notice the resyncs.  Dialog box pops up for a second and goes away. So, my recommendation is that if you have one that drops sync and doesn't recover, send it back and get one that doesn't.

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2014, 02:49:08 AM »
My 1st gen docked ipad lost sink twice last night and wouldn't recover unless I shut down the master fader app.  Both times it happened when I transitioned from break music through iPad channel.to our live set music.  No meters, no response from fader adjustments.  All other wireless devises worked without interruption.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2014, 05:16:29 PM »
I think by now we can conclude that 1st gen iPads are not usable for docked service and will never be. Apple has decided that 1st gen's for iOS 7 are to be replaced so any fixes or updates to MF won't run on them. If mixed version MF's are a problem as seen in the past we can also conclude that un-docked service will also be broken unless Mackie decides to make it backward compatible.   x(
Does anyone here have a Lightning (N) connected unit? Since there is a bunch of electronics in the communications path it may be a solution to sync if it's hardware related. This of course would mean upgrading to V4 or Air for the docked iPad. ;D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 05:19:12 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2014, 06:36:11 PM »
Mackie haven't decided to stop supporting the Gen1 iPad, I believe it is simply that Apple have stopped allowing non-iOS7 apps to be on the app store (somebody correct me please if I'm wrong).

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2014, 09:31:42 PM »
I think by now we can conclude that 1st gen iPads are not usable for docked service and will never be. Apple has decided that 1st gen's for iOS 7 are to be replaced so any fixes or updates to MF won't run on them. If mixed version MF's are a problem as seen in the past we can also conclude that un-docked service will also be broken unless Mackie decides to make it backward compatible.   x(
Does anyone here have a Lightning (N) connected unit? Since there is a bunch of electronics in the communications path it may be a solution to sync if it's hardware related. This of course would mean upgrading to V4 or Air for the docked iPad. ;D

Are we sure that the lost sync problem is limited to 1st gen iPads?   I just want to make sure because iPads are not cheap.   I have used the DL for about 6 shows plus practices and last show was the first time this has happened.  Anyway as professionals, one lost connection is enough...can't have this happen again.

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2014, 10:20:10 PM »
Just curious why there is nine pages on this subject. It's one I have not been following.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2014, 11:57:30 PM »

Are we sure that the lost sync problem is limited to 1st gen iPads?   I just want to make sure because iPads are not cheap.   I have used the DL for about 6 shows plus practices and last show was the first time this has happened.  Anyway as professionals, one lost connection is enough...can't have this happen again.
At the present all 30 pin iPads are involved but when and IF the software gets fixed it will leave 1st gen iPads with the old software (ie not upgradeable courtesy of Apple). I have no info on N connector versions only the 30 pin hence the reason for the question.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:13:56 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2014, 04:17:58 PM »
I docked my 1st gen iPad and ran some music through it yesterday.   It took several hours but it did lock up finally.  I mean it lost sync without recovering.  Now I will connect my 4th gen via an adapter and see if I can duplicate the problem.

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2014, 07:59:27 PM »
Ok now my lightening 4th gen iPad permanently lost sync while docked.   >:(.  I guess it's time to call Mackie.

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2014, 08:03:12 PM »
Call them about what? As if you are telling them something they don't know.

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2014, 08:32:46 PM »
Call them about what? As if you are telling them something they don't know.

Well maybe to send another DL that doesn't drop sync?  Or refund my fn money.  Take your pick.   I have done several shows where it has been steady over the last 6 months.  My problem didn't happen till now. 

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2014, 10:20:07 PM »
Good luck with that.

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2014, 10:42:42 PM »
Good luck with that.

Do you have a solution for us Jerry? Or are you telling us we are f#*^€d!

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2014, 11:25:29 PM »
Yes you are f#*^€d!

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #134 on: April 16, 2014, 03:16:16 PM »
Yes you are f#*^€d!

Not necessarily if this X18 turns out to be the real deal, I'm gone from here.  However as a new product I worry about getting into more problems than I have now.