Author Topic: FAQ: Empty Recording Files?  (Read 5481 times)

Stratoblaster

• Youngling
FAQ: Empty Recording Files?
« on: November 09, 2013, 04:31:02 PM »
Hi folks!

I have had this mixer for over a year now. I have made some 20 recordings to iPad, both live and band rehearsals. I have always had good results.

Today we were arranging three of our songs with my band and I finally recorded them in order to mail the guys some MP3-files to listen. However, when I hooked my IPad to my iMac and opened the iTunes (which I had to update first because there was some troubles opening the iPad3 (7.0.3). I updated the iTunes to 11.1.3. (I have Mountain Lion 10.8.4 running on my iMac) and then went to iPad -> Programs -> Master Fader and what did I see! The files were there but the size was only 4 kB instead of tens of mB as 48 kHz/24 bit stereo recordings for a 4 min songs usually are.

So nothing was recorded! Damned! I did all as I have done until this time: pressed the REC-button below the LR-fader to start, pressed the button again to stop. MF then asked me "want to stop recording?", then answered STOP, then the f**ker said me "Name your masterpiece". I named the file and it is on the iPad but only name and 4kB!!! I have now tested it four times and all the time the result is the same: a 4kB file. I'm beginning to hate this! MF version is 1.4.3, and at least I'm beginning to hate writing these version numbers!

Anyone any idea what is going on?

-strat
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:36:13 PM by RoadRanger »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Empty recording files???
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 06:31:31 PM »
This is usually caused by updating to iOS 7 and when the Master Fader app asks if it is OK to use the iPad's microphone answering "no". Open The "Settings" app and choose "Privacy", "Microphone", and where it lists "Master Fader" turn it "on" (to the right so it turns green).

Stratoblaster

• Youngling
Re: FAQ: Empty Recording Files?
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 08:29:07 PM »
Hi RR and thanks a lot! I have now changed the setting and will test tomorrow.

-strat

Stratoblaster

• Youngling
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 07:26:19 PM »
Yes, now it's recording! I also opened up Auria to record and now I can monitor recording and play back immediately after recording. Great! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mcsurf951

• Initiate
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 02:10:56 PM »
How do you use Auria with the DL1608?

1kidc

• Youngling
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 03:45:21 PM »
Damn, I wish I had seen this post! We recorded a great gig this weekend - or so I thought. Same problem. Ces't la vie... :(

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 04:23:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure this is what happened to those two shows I thought I recorded last year, thanks for the info!