Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master/My Fader V2.0 Are Here!

<< < (35/36) > >>

Fluddman:
Vote early, vote often!  ;)

Jkowtko:
Oh so close!

I thought I could reduce my fader bank to one screen on my high school jazz band snapshot, by pairing up the solo mics for sax, trombone and trumpet (I have two of each).  Then I realized I can't do stereo linking ... I need dual mono, or fader linking.

Bummer.

I was still able to remove some width by creating one stereo pair and removing a few other channels from view, but it looks like I'll need that next increment of fader UI functionality to get what I want for this show.

bcbeak:
Mute Groups, sub-groups  and quick access screen are major improvements that helped us manage things more easily
(we run our own mix from the stage, and run iPad playlists during breaks).

I didn't see that one coming .. but a very nice upgrade.

Jkowtko:
First performance last night ... the stereo channel and stereo auxes work nicely, and the view groups are definitely helpful :)

... However I could still use different fader knobs to better distinguish the aux layers from LR layer.

I got stung with this one again last night.   Doing recording and live at the same time, adjusted house volume (aux 1/2) and then forgot to move back to the LR layer (recording) to cross-fade from the emcee mic to the stereo recording mic.  Instead I cross-faded  the aux1/2 outs and ended up recording the first 30 seconds of the song from the emcee mic in mono.

The colors just don't cut it ... when the house is dark and you are concentrating on what's happening on stage, purple vs green bands just aren't noticeable in light of all of the color already on the screen.  My eyes were glued to either the stage or the fader knobs.  If the fader knobs looked noticeably different I would have noticed I was on the wrong layer immediately.

Wynnd:
I've thought that too.  The Aux channels need something more to easily distinguish them from each other and from the LR out.  Different control knob choices are one approach.  (Don't really know how difficult this is and if more memory is available for that purpose.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version