Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master/My Fader V2.0 Are Here!

<< < (11/36) > >>

LeeSteel:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on November 12, 2013, 04:12:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: LeeSteel on November 12, 2013, 03:37:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: RoadRanger on November 12, 2013, 03:00:26 PM ---Stereo channel linking is only useful for stereo sources going to a stereo PA or recording - and they didn't get it quite right anyways as you need the option of having a "width" control instead of a "pan" or "balance" control. Those mixers I've used that had stereo linking all had width controls so you can blend some of the left into the right and vis versa.

--- End quote ---

I have my external audio source running into 2 channels that I have now linked. I don't think that I had realized that the audio source L & R were now flattened to a MONO mix. If that is true, that's not gonna work for me either.  :o

--- End quote ---

That is not the case, if you link two channels they become a stereo pair, the input of the lower numbered channel feeds the left main output and the higher numbered channel feeds the right main output. As RR says the pan control does become a balance control as opposed to 'width'.

--- End quote ---

PFEW! For a minute I thought I had this totally wrong.

Jerrylee:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on November 11, 2013, 10:35:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jerrylee on November 11, 2013, 10:30:02 PM ---How exactly do you do this?  I cannot see how to mute individual channels just in the mains.
--- End quote ---
Select each aux "layer" and press the "Pre Fader" button to drop down a menu - unselect "Use LR Mute" :) .

--- End quote ---

Sweet. Thanks RR.

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on November 12, 2013, 04:12:00 PM ---That is not the case, if you link two channels they become a stereo pair, the input of the lower numbered channel feeds the left main output and the higher numbered channel feeds the right main output. As RR says the pan control does become a balance control as opposed to 'width'.

--- End quote ---

which exactly the implementation of channel linking that I hoped for. My primary application is stereo playback from an external device.

LeeSteel:

--- Quote from: nottooloud on November 12, 2013, 05:31:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: sam.spoons on November 12, 2013, 04:12:00 PM ---That is not the case, if you link two channels they become a stereo pair, the input of the lower numbered channel feeds the left main output and the higher numbered channel feeds the right main output. As RR says the pan control does become a balance control as opposed to 'width'.

--- End quote ---

which exactly the implementation of channel linking that I hoped for. My primary application is stereo playback from an external device.

--- End quote ---

So to dubunk some earlier quote, it's not a MONO pair, it's STEREO IN STEREO OUT with a common eq. Fine by me!  :D

JMc:
Just to verify, my understanding is that all the 1/4" aux sends coming out of the board are balanced TRS connectors, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version