Author Topic: Master/My Fader V2.0 Are Here!  (Read 94578 times)

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
Re: Master/My Fader V2.0 Are Here!
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 09:46:29 PM »
Mine retained all the shows and settings. Liking it so far

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 09:49:04 PM »
Here I go with my first big complaint: Why did they make the quick access panel move the screen over??? What was that thinking? You can still use the app with it open except for about an inch of the left side. And it's not the channel that is the issue to me. The issue is when you go into a dynamics setting. You lose the "mixer" button. You have to close out the panel to return to the mixer.
You can just hit the GEQ over the main fader twice ;) . Also if you limit each view to seven channels or less you don't lose one entirely off the left edge when you keep the QAP open :) .

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 09:53:44 PM »
What about this one: am I now able to mute channels in the mains but still have them active in the auxes. And still have music playing in the mains? This way I can actually set up monitor mixes while still having my mains play music for the crowd. I am not sure this is yet possible.
Yep, it's your lucky day :) . However I've just always pulled down the channel faders while setting up monitor mixes.

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 10:09:13 PM »
Interesting: I removed my iPad and did a bunch of setup for my Standard show, saved, then re-docked. It asked where to get the info, so I chose "iPad" but for some reason it went with the show that was stored in the 1608. Something to look out for...
It did in fact load the show file from the iPad - BUT it didn't load your snapshot into the DL1608 as the active configuration. Instead it ALWAYS displays the present state of the DL1608 in Master/My Fader when you connect. You have to go and recall your updated snapshot if that is what you want to use. This all makes sense if you think it through but certainly isn't obvious - I learned it the hard way myself x( .

You are correct, that does make sense

Cshumack

• Initiate
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 10:11:01 PM »
Let me see if I understand the post fader option on aux sends.  I want to use one of my sends to connect to the house system to cover the back of the bar.  Does using post send on that aux mean that my individual channel faders do not change the volume of that channel?  I'm basically looking to duplicate my LR send.  If this is true, why does selecting post fade still allow me to move the channel faders?

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 10:14:34 PM »
Here I go with my first big complaint: Why did they make the quick access panel move the screen over??? What was that thinking? You can still use the app with it open except for about an inch of the left side. And it's not the channel that is the issue to me. The issue is when you go into a dynamics setting. You lose the "mixer" button. You have to close out the panel to return to the mixer. Now that was just dumb. The panel should be on top but not move over the screen. Did they not test it? Seems like a no brainier to me.

I agree Jerry, that's just plain silly  ::) why didn't they think of that. Still, lots of new goodies on offer so mustn't grumble  ;D

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »
Cool, just got four emails from Mackie.uservoice.com

completed: 'Pre Fader Options'
completed: 'Make a stereo channel'
completed: 'Add Break Switch'
completed: 'Remove unused channels'

Jerrylee

• Cruise Guy
  • Moderated
  • Knight
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2013, 10:30:02 PM »
What about this one: am I now able to mute channels in the mains but still have them active in the auxes. And still have music playing in the mains? This way I can actually set up monitor mixes while still having my mains play music for the crowd. I am not sure this is yet possible.
Yep, it's your lucky day :) . However I've just always pulled down the channel faders while setting up monitor mixes.

How exactly do you do this?  I cannot see how to mute individual channels just in the mains. (With the channel fader up, see below)

RR when I posed that question I missed a part. Let's say I have already set up the main mix with all the channels. I know if I have the fader down in the mains I can change aux channels. But I want to do this after they are up. Sometimes during breaks someone will as me to change a monitor setting. I have to unmute the channel to do this. If they are up in the mains it will come through. So can I now say I want channels 1-14 to be muted in the mains only even if their faders are already up?

This is one of my big reasons for switching to the x32. (One of several). With just 16 inputs I can make a virtual monitor mixer on another 16 channels that will be dedicated to the monitor sends only. It's like having 2 boards. I can mess with monitors all day long completely separate of the main mix.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2013, 10:32:47 PM »
Let me see if I understand the post fader option on aux sends.  I want to use one of my sends to connect to the house system to cover the back of the bar.  Does using post send on that aux mean that my individual channel faders do not change the volume of that channel?  I'm basically looking to duplicate my LR send.  If this is true, why does selecting post fade still allow me to move the channel faders?
No, the faders on that aux's "layer" still affect the volume and this is entirely "industry" normal. If you want an exact copy of your LR mix just set them all to "zero". OTOH if that is all you want why not just split the LR outs with "Y" cables?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:36:28 PM by RoadRanger »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2013, 10:35:39 PM »
How exactly do you do this?  I cannot see how to mute individual channels just in the mains.
Select each aux "layer" and press the "Pre Fader" button to drop down a menu - unselect "Use LR Mute" :) .

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2013, 10:41:16 PM »
This is one of my big reasons for switching to the x32. (One of several). With just 16 inputs I can make a virtual monitor mixer on another 16 channels that will be dedicated to the monitor sends only. It's like having 2 boards. I can mess with monitors all day long completely separate of the main mix.
Yup, you can do that on most any digital mixer that supports input routing and has half the channels unused :) . You can do the same thing on a DL1608 with "Y" cables if you only need 8 channels or if you only need separate EQ/dynamics on a few channels - this was commonly done on analog mixers too, especially for the lead vocal channel.

Oh, and AFAIK there's no reason they couldn't have separate EQ/dynamics on the DL1608 for monitors vs mains - it would just take a "few" lines of code LOL.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:44:16 PM by RoadRanger »

Cshumack

• Initiate
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 10:41:24 PM »
No, the faders on that aux's "layer" still affect the volume and this is entirely "industry" normal. If you want an exact copy of your LR mix just set them all to "zero". OTOH if that is all you want why not just split the LR outs with "Y" cables?

The house system in tis bar wants a quarter out to them.  Thanks. I will set the channels on the aux to zero.  I' assuming you mean not on the bottom but unity.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2013, 10:45:08 PM »
Correct - although there is no "unity" and the bottom is "minus infinity".
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:53:50 PM by RoadRanger »

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2013, 10:59:48 PM »
Glad it didn't take a silly amount of time from announcement to getting it out to users. Just had a tinker about and updated the firmware on the DL, the features are looking good. Now I just need to figure out what to do with all the new tricks.

I agree with JerryLee about the quick access panel, it is slightly vexing that it pushes everything over, rather than being layered over the top.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2013, 11:08:12 PM »
Thanks. I will set the channels on the aux to zero.  I' assuming you mean not on the bottom but unity.

I find it almost impossible to set faders to a specific value. Same with Yamaha's StageMix. In Master Fader, though, if you touch a fader, you get its value in the parameter window at the top. Select it, and backspace until it's gone. That's my shortcut to zero. I use postfader auxes all the time, to recorders, or balcony fills, or center fills. Having the faders active in those auxes means I can do things like leave the guitar amp out of the center fills. Punters down front don't really need more guitar amp when they're staring straight at it face high.